12 lbs to date

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
sherrylynn
New, but learning

12 lbs to date

Post by sherrylynn »

I have been doing this for a month and a half.  I have lost 12 lbs total, 48 lbs to go...  I still don't see it, but people have said you look like you are losing weight.  I can't wait until I can see I am losing weight.  I don't really care about the numbers as long as I can pour it into a size 4 and not look like I painted it on.. lol..  I say size 4, because that's what I was for years.  Then all the sudden started packing it on, and on, and on.  In 3 years I gained over 60 lbs. 

Finally switched doctors, and this one is checking my thyroid.  He says this is not normal weight gain, but to continue what I am doing.  It will come off.

God Bless Everyone..
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Rfgbz/]
[/url]
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: 12 lbs to date

Post by VickiLynn »

Hip, Hip, Hooray for you!  12 lbs in a month and a half is great  :thumbsup: People see you losing weight because they look at you differently than how you see yourself in the mirror.  Your face is probably getting slimmer and you don't even realize it!  A lot of members don't even weigh themselves and determine their weight loss by how their clothes are fitting -- so aim for that size 4 and enjoy the journey along the way  *hug*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Sherry,

Congratulations!  12 lbs is terrific!  And yes you can lose the whole 60 lbs on LDL - no worries. I hope that your doctor will find whatever the cause is for your weight gain. I have hypothyroidism and it is not fun so please listen to what is recommended and read all you can so you can ask good questions. I know being on LD will give you back your energy and stamina.  :thumbsup:

As far as the size 4 - you can do whatever you set your mind to do. And don;t be surprised if LDL reshapes your body into a lower size. Many members on LDL  are constantly surprised about where their body takes them when it is filled with whole nutritious foods - possibly for the first time ever!

Hope to hear more about your wonderful success and good health!

Julie :rose:
TrishaD
New, but learning

Post by TrishaD »

Way to go!  It's wonderful to hear your success.  I hope I can do the same.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

That is wonderful, 12lbs.  Just think of ten lbs of sugar-heavy!!!  Sherry, good job!!! ; Size 4 around the corner.  JF
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Sherry you are doing wonderful, 12 lbs is a great beginning and in no time at all you will be at goal.
Trisha, of course you will do the same!  Just follow the LDL way and you will be skinny in no time also.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome aboard the train to Skinnytown!
glad you joined us and congratulations on your weight loss! Make sure you keep us up to date on your weight loss! It will sure be encouraging to us all.
Thanks
sherrylynn
New, but learning

Post by sherrylynn »

Thank you for all your messages.  I was so glad to read them.  It has been a long 3 weeks.  With family having this flu/cold.  Seems like we just pass it back n forth.  Eating a lot of soup.  Still losing weight.  Its been slow.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Rfgbz/]
[/url]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great job, Sherry, and welcome to LDL.  This will work for you and allow you to achieve your dream weight.  Pam
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Sherry!

Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!

Wow, you're doing awesome. 12 pounds in 6 weeks is truly great progress!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You will definitely reach goal, and I hope you don't end up dealing with a thyroid problem.

But you are living proof -- with or without the flu and cold traveling around, soup is a great way to lose weight with Let's Do Lunch!

Keep up the great work! You'll be there before you know it.

Enjoy the journey
Terri
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Congratulations!  :rose:  :rose:
12 lbs. is amazing!
Bethann
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I think 12 pounds in that length of time is fabulous.  I have been at this since Jan 2, and have lost about 9 pounds now, so I am more than 1/3 of the way there. it really does not want to leave me quickly, but it went on at a pound a year, for 25 years, no matter what I ate!! wierd motabolism!!
I just love these boards, so much help and support. I was whining the other day, but got set straight right away!!, so even if it takes the rest of the year to finish getting rid of my ugly belly fat, i don't care, i know it is all going to leave me for good sooner or later. You are awesome!!!