Just Getting Started

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
twinkie

Just Getting Started

Post by twinkie »

Well, actually I started out about a month or so ago.  I've lost 8 lbs., but it has sort of stalled now there.  I haven't starved myself; but just found this LDL way of eating.  It looks like something I would be able to do pretty well.  I'm not too much on doing recipes, but I do think I can swing this thing of eating my heavier protein meal at lunch and a salad at dinner, maybe a drink at breakfast.  I'm trying.  .  and ain't gonna give up.  I need to lose at least 35 lbs., but I think it's do-able.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Just Getting Started

Post by Joyful Friend »

Twinkie, it is the best way of eating.  Welcome.  Do you have the book?  If not get one.  I am never hungry and I get to eat the foods I enjoy.  Joyful Friend
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Twinkie congratulations on the 8 lbs lost.
You will love this way of eating but read the book more then once so you can get it down how it works.  I can make a soup that will last all week so it isn't as much work as it first seems.  Just remember to eat until full and try to keep your protein for your lunch meal and your light meal at night.  When first beginning don't let your self get hungry even if it means eating snacks in between.  You will find that after the first week all cravings will problably be gone and your body will regulate itself to how much it needs to eat at meals.

I have tried most diets and this is no diet it is a lifestyle I can live with forever even once I can get my weight off so I don't fall back into bad eating habits.

Just keep going in the direction you have been going for the last month and in no time at all those 35 lbs will fall by the wayside.  Glad you have joined this wonderful LDL family.  If you want it really helps to do your journal on this board.  It not only helps to stay accountable but you will get great encouragement and help from others. 
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome to the train to skinnytown! Glad you joined us. When you get your book read chapters 2-6 over at least 3-4 times to understand this way of eating. Its not hard but enough different that it takes a bit of getting use to. Like who ever heard of a way to loose weight that you must eat until you are full! Wow. I love it.
Cheers!
Bobbi
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Twinkie,

Welcome to LDL!  Congratulations on the 8 lb weight loss. That's fantastic. Now that you have the basics down, you will probably need to dig a little deeper. Make sure to read all the ingredients on the foods you buy. Check and make sure there is no sugar or msg or anything that resembles that and may derail your efforts. Keep the occasional foods just that - occasional.  :thumbsup:

You don;t need to do the soups if you don't wish to. In fact, it has taken me months to figure out that my body really prefers to have lightly grilled foods and as fresh as possible. That's how I lose best - with as little processing as possible.

Exercise, if you can make the time for it, is an incredible way  to keep things moving.  So be diligent and let us know how you  are doing.

Julie :rose:
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

wendysgoodnews wrote:When first beginning don't let your self get hungry even if it means eating snacks in between. 

Wendy is absolutely correct in her statement, but eating snacks in between meals should only be LDL ones (fruit has always been my choice if I get hungry before my next meal).