Week 8 - back from Cancun vacation - no gain!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
MNGirl
New, but learning

Week 8 - back from Cancun vacation - no gain!

Post by MNGirl »

I met my goal of not gaining anything. I was surprised that the food choices at the all-inclusive were not more healthy, but as RTW says - make the best choices you can. With that in mind, I had fruit and eggs or yogurt for breakfast, soup for lunch and my protein and veggies at night. Over 5 days I did have a few fruity drinks, nachos (it was Mexico, after all), half a bagel and some french fries. My friend got sick so we skipped a couple of dinners which was OK by me.

I am so grateful that this WOE has given me control. The cravings just aren't there anymore. So instead of acting like a pig at a trough, I was able to have a few bites of something on vacation that I wouldn't ordinarily eat in my everyday life.

I did think of all of you and your kind encouragement and that helped me say "no" to a few other temptations.

Looking forward to a good week!
MNGirl
New, but learning

Re: Week 8 - back from Cancun vacation - no gain!

Post by MNGirl »

Good point! I don't want to give the impression that I "cheat" all the time and still lose weight. I follow the program very carefully. Even on vacation I put all the lessons I have learned into effect. At the buffet I did a quick tour before picking up a tray so I knew where the good stuff was. I paid attention to my hunger level and did not overload my plate just because the food was unlimited. I asked the waiter not to bring potatoes, rice or rolls with the meals. I checked out the menus of the different restaurants on the property before we went. I passed up the desserts without regret. And - I did NOT eat between meals.

The only time I drink all year is a fruity umbrella drink on vacation. I knew that having some alcohol might slow or stop the weight loss, but I was prepared for that.

My three goals were 1. Health, 2. Appearance and 3. Control. Eliminating the cravings has given me control in those circumstances when I need it.

Hope this helps clarify. Now if LDL could only help with my nasty sunburn!
Last edited by MNGirl on March 4th, 2010, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.