De-Lurking Newbie - I've had a great start!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Horkster

De-Lurking Newbie - I've had a great start!

Post by Horkster »

Hi There Everyone,

I stumbled across this message board sometime last week, and I've
been lurking ever since.  I'll be posting more later, but I've ordered the book
online, and started following this new WOE - it's been amazing!  Mood swings
are gone, afternoon tiredness is gone, pounds are dropping off!

Thank you Roger Troy Wilson for sharing this true Gift from God in Heaven.
I think (and pray) that this WOE will help me get my life and my health back
under control.

Thanks everyone, and Praise be to God and Jesus in Heaven!  I'm looking
forward to making some new friends here.

Horkster, the De-Lurking Newbie
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: De-Lurking Newbie - I've had a great start!

Post by barrypaxton »

Welcome, Horkster. You are going to love this way of eating (WOE). I plan on eating this way the rest of my life!! I just know you are going to be successful in losing the weight and getting healthier!!

Many blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome Horkster
You will do great on LDL in losing weight and finding better health.  Until your book gets in ask lots of questions and read as much on the boards as you have time to do.  Just remember to eat until full and all your cravings will disappear. 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Horkster- Welcome to this wonderful, delicious, and effective way of eating and the most supportive boards possible.  You will love it here!  Pam
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Isn't it cool when our stumbling around actually turns out to be a good thing?  :D  Welcome, and feel free to post any questions you have.  We're all here to help.

Blessings,
Sylvia
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

Horkster

Post by Horkster »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.    *hug*

As for cravings...what cravings?  They were gone almost immediately.  *woot*  It has been totally amazing.
I haven't even wanted a slice of toast (one of my big weaknesses) or bread or pasta or anything in over
a week.  This WOE truly must be a Gift from God.  And I know now in my heart that I CAN DO THIS!  With
HIS help, of course.  :angel:

Had a HUUGE plate of grilled beans and ground beef last night, and was down another half pound
this morning.  This totally rocks!

Horkster, still a newbie
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

Horkster

Post by Horkster »

barrypaxton wrote:Welcome, Horkster. You are going to love this way of eating (WOE). I plan on eating this way the rest of my life!! I just know you are going to be successful in losing the weight and getting healthier!!

Many blessings,
Ollie

Thanks for the welcome Ollie, and congratulations on your weight loss - impressive!  :thumbsup:

Horkster,
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Horkster- Once you trust that this plan works and that you will lose all the weight you desire, do yourself a favor and hide your scale and only weigh yourself once a month.  Frequent weighing only reflects fluid (and other stuff) retention or elimination.  For me, if my weight was down (on other plans) I ate to celebrate and if it was up, I ate because I was disappointed :wacko:!  Either way, I lost (gained)!!!  Pam
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

MsHeirloom wrote:Horkster- Welcome to this wonderful, delicious, and effective way of eating and the most supportive boards possible.  You will love it here!  Pam

Thanks Pam, and congratulations on your weight loss so far!  This place is wonderful, I already love it here!   :inlove:

Unfortunately, there is no hiding my scale, it is a big white physicians scale (it's amazing what you can find on EBay) that resides
in our master bathroom.  That scale is painfully consistent & dreadfully accurate, and while sometimes it is my worst enemy, lately
it has been my best friend!    :D    Knowing that I will face the scale on a regular basis keeps me out of more trouble than I would otherwise get into.  Besides, without it, my doctors office would have no idea how much I weigh!  (their scales max out at 350 lbs.)

I'm quite happy to see the scale weights sliding to the LEFT for a change.  Yee Haw!

Horkster
Last edited by Horkster on March 11th, 2010, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Horkster and welcome!

I can't tell you how happy we all are when someone finds us. Congratulations on getting rid of your cravings and finding the last plan you will ever need to gain and maintain good health. We are all doing this together so please let us know how we can help.  I would say Good Luck but you won;t need it with LDL. All good things will happen!  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome, Horkster!  I never found the scale to be my enemy since I found LDL.  It helped me stay on track and reach my goal. It encouraged me with amazing weight loss when it went down and  it helped me see when a food didn't work for me when it went up.  Either way, I wouldn't be where I am today if I had waited to weigh every month.  That is me, and not everyone is the same.  We can't wait to hear of all your upcoming successes!  You are going to be slimmer and more fit than you thought possible.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome Horster! glad you found this woe and know it will be quit the adventure! There  are 100# and 200# club threads on here that you might have already found there are bunches of people who have that much and more to loose. Yeah!!!! for this woe and how easy and successful people can be with it.

thanks for posting and helping to encourage the rest of us,
Bobbi
rodie

Post by rodie »

Welcome Horkster,
You looked very comfy sittin in your chair rereading the ldl book,I actually am doing that myself.I quite putting it away cuz I'm always looking in it for something so now I just leave it on the end table,so it's always handy.
I slipped alittle bit so I have to jump back on the wagon,but I found that is pretty darn easy on this woe.
Good Luck
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

That is so true, Rodie!  I think this way of eating is very "user friendly"  :D  It is a way of eating for real people with real lives.  You can live with it and live well with it.  I look back on my LDL journey and I marvel at how easy it has been to lose the weight and to keep it off.  We've had the holidays, weddings, parties, etc. , but I've kept my weight down through out it all.  I've had occasional eating off the plan, but it is so easy to get back on.  Sometimes life happening as it does makes it hard to stick to the plan as closely as I'd like, but it doesn't ruin all the gains (which were losses! :D ) I've made. 
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, I'm starting to feel right at home here.

I'm on Week 2 now, and I've been checking the scales frequently (even though some
suggest not to) and I'm down only 1 pound for the week, for 11 pounds total so far. 
I'm not too worried yet, I'll just keep on with what I'm doing.  I did notice I had to move
to a new hole on my belt - so I'm getting a little bit smaller already!  *woot*

Hopefully I won't be on a long plateau already - I hate plateaus - I really struggled with
those when I was doing Atkins years ago.

It is amazing how the cravings for bread & sugary stuff are just simply GONE now.  G O N E!
Folks keep bringing all kinds of free snacks into work to leave in the kitchen, and so far I
haven't been tempted once.  That in and of itself is a major victory for me.

Have a great weekend everybody, it feels like Spring is here now in sunny Virginia.

Horkster, not such a newbie
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Another pound this week is great; that's 11 pounds discarded forever!!!  With frequent weighing you will see weight swings, however, look at the big picture.  You averaged 5 1/2# each of your first two weeks!  It's so exciting to share these success stories with our online friends.  Pam
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

Thanks for the encouragement Pam!  Another pound gone by Week 3.  I am down 12 pounds total so far.  Next week will be the "official" one month weigh-in , and I think this week will be a good one - I can just feel it!  :)

Horkster
430/416/215 - Started LDL on 3/05/2010
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

Horkster, Did you try the turnips yet??
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

rgfd401 wrote:Horkster, Did you try the turnips yet??

Yep, Tim, my wife heard me talking about the fried turnip recipe, and she graciously offered to make a "fried turnips & eggs" breakfast for us this morning - not bad, not bad at all...  :drool:  She's been watching my progress this past month, and has been lurking on the site lately, checking out the recipes and reading some of the stories of the people here.  Her main concern was how LDL would affect her Type II diabetes and blood sugar levels, but she told me yesterday that she is going to give LDL a try!  *woot*  That great news made my day! 

Horkster
430/417/215 - Started LDL on 3/05/2010
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Horkster, Welcome.  This WOE is the best.  It is so much better than the Adkins and other diets, because this a healthy eating plan for life.  I have eaten tons of foods and I am at goal without being hungry, all my cravings are gone, and my doctor is amazed with my health improvements.  I feel 10 yrs. younger if not more.  Stay with it, my daughter was on a 3 month plateau and then started losing great again.  She stayed with the plan because she is feeling much better as well.    :thumbsup: Joyful Friend