My birthday present

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

My birthday present

Post by MsHeirloom »

Last week my best friend, Kathie, took me to Chico's to buy my belated birthday present.  How fun :inlove:!  Actually, even better than my beautiful birthday outfit was the fact that I could wear anything in the store in a size Chico's 3 (size 16-18), even the zippered pants.  That was my previous goal, but not now that I am a devotee of LDL.  I'm in this until my body finds it's best weight which I am certain is 50 pounds or so lower than my current weight.  I am thrilled by my progress so far.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: My birthday present

Post by wendysgoodnews »

In case I didn't already wish you happy birthday here is a belated one.

How exciting for you to reach such a goal.  I can't wait until I can fit into an 18 again, I got rid of all my smaller clothes since I had decided I would never fit into them again.  I will be able to buy a whole new ward robe by then and have fun doing it.

How long did it take you to make this goal?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wendy- I had lost 47 pounds just after my Jan. 15 birthday.  I just got back from 7  1/2 weeks vacation (a cruise, camping, and a beach condo in FL) and will weigh sometime next week.  I have been loyal to LDL so I hope to experience a loss when I weigh in.  I started May 25 of last year so that was my 8 month weigh-in.  I love, love, love LDL and all the wonderful and supportive people here, like you!  It is just a matter of time until you wear a 16-18, and then smaller...  I, too, had given up ever wearing anything but Plus sizes (size 24/3X).  I have a very bare closet now, as I'm getting rid of clothes that are too big and cannot be easily altered.  Someone else can have them as I am confident that I'll never need them again :)!  Thanks for the BD wish.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Your vacation sounds like it was alot of fun, would love to be adopted!LOL 
I have always wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska.  We are saving up to hopefully go on an Alaskian cruise next year for our 25th wedding anniversary.  I will have to add Florida to  my list of wants for another year or two when we are more free to just go as we please.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

My hope for you is that you will go on that Alaskan cruise in your 18s ;)!  pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I hear that and receive it!
Wuji
New, but learning

Post by Wuji »

Yep...... LDL is certainly the Gift of all gifts!
Wuji  :thumbsup:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I know it is a little late bug Happy Birthday!
Congratulations on sticking to it. I know, it doesn't seem so hard but still with the way people around us it is does take  quit a bit of determination and planning to stay the road. You are doing it!!!! Yeah!!!!
hugs,
Bobbi
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pam, that is sooo awesome!!!  Chico's 3  great!!!! , and Wendy, you will be there if you stay with LDL which I think you will.  You add so much variety with new recipes.  That helps.  The cruise is a goal so make that size a goal as well. *hug* JF
kat2455
New, but learning

Post by kat2455 »

Hi Pam..
I don't know when your birthday was...but apparently it has passed...So I want to wish you a very late, but meaninful belated birthday...and your trips sound lovely...I love florida...no doubt about that one..Mike
Michael
start date 5.2.2010
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Mike- It was way back on January 15, but everyday is a new birthday as I continue to reclaim my health!  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Pam,

Being me, I cannot remember if I have already wished you a Happy Birthday!  But you are too important to all of us for me to speculate - so

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Paaaammmmm, Happy Birthday to YOU!

OK now I feel better.  I am so happy that your shopping trip was fun!  But I have to tell you that I cannot see in your new fabulous photo where you could possibly lose another 49 lbs. My gosh, you would look sooo thin. You look terrific now and I know you - being you - will allow your body to go where it feels healthiest.  So Congratulations on all the great work you have done so far.  *hug*

Wendy, every day is a new day that will bring you closer to your goal.  Just keep doing what you are doing!  *hug*

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- Thanks for all the kind words and the BD greeting.  It's the birthday that just keeps giving :inlove:!!!  I still weigh over 200 pounds and can hardly wait for Onderland.  I am, however, enjoying the journey- however long it may be.  Fondly, Pam