50 pounds in 3 months

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
jkgregory

50 pounds in 3 months

Post by jkgregory »

To all the newbies that are just starting.. Ldl is saving my life.. Im 27 years old and i started at 317 pounds.. Ive lost 50 of that in 3 months.. Im not at 267.. I couldnt even tell you when the last time i was in the 260's... I think i was a teenanger.. I can even express how wonderful i feel now.. Im currently on meds for high blood pressure and hypo thyroid.. My doc did give me faith that i could be off both of the meds if i loose all this weight.. My goal was that this summer i will be riding roller coasters.. I know in my heart that i will make it.. The last time i went to cedar point i couldnt fit on the good roller coasters.. I was so embarrassed that i called my husband that was almost and hour away to come pick my up.. I was heart broken.. I still gained weight after that.. Now here i am 50 pounds lighter and I have all this faith that i will one day be skinny :D I sure cant wait for that day.. My husband has lost 63 pounds in 3 months.. Hes almost skinny.. He is now skinnier than he was when we met.. I cant help but stare at him sometimes cause he looks so good.. Im so proud of him.. Ldl is very easy after u hit your first month.. That was the hardest part.. I was a bit moody for the first couple weeks.. Im great now.. I also try to excersize daily.. That gives me even more energy.. All the newbies keep fighting this battle.. You can do it if you put your heart into it!!!  ;D
Katie

James
jkgregory

Re: 50 pounds in 3 months

Post by jkgregory »

i had said up top that im not at 267.. i meant im now at 267.. lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Katie

James
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Woo Hoo jk!  That is wonderful news.... Congratulations on your weightloss!  This diet is the BEST!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I may not be a newbie but your testamony touched me to tears.  You are such an encourager to all of us on our LDL journey.  I just know you are right you will make your goal and be seeing those dreams come true by this summer.  Keep up the great work(really no work at all) and you will be there in no time at all.
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

JK, that is awesome news, both for you and for your hubby!  Congrats on the weight loss, it is so encouraging to hear stories like this, especially for us newbies that have so much too lose.  I've been on LDL for almost a month, and I've done pretty good so far, but I've got a long way to go.  Thanks for giving us hope!

Hork
430/416/215

PS:  I've been to Cedar Point years ago (High School senior trip, ack, *years* ago...lol) I used to enjoy roller coasters when I was a couple hundred pounds lighter than I am now...maybe I'll get a chance to ride them again someday! 
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

JK- Wow!  What a weight loss and what a great winning attitude.  You will be skinny and not only fit into the roller coasters with room to spare, but have the energy to spend the entire day at Cedar Point.  Where do you live that you go to CP?  I'm near Toledo.  Pam
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

I'm so happy for you that I'm in tears!!!  You are indeed amazing!!!  Keep it up!!!!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Congratulations! Your posting is encouraging to all of us!

Take Care!  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:
Bethann
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Woo Hoo!! JK!!  *woot*  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  *hug*  *hug*

Wish I could reach through the screen and give you a hug. You are doing great, and you will definitely make your goal! Probably sooner than you believe possible!

So proud of you and happy for you!  :kissed:

Terri
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

congratulations that is just wonderful, and to think those pounds are never coming back!
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

Congratulations, Its so nice to hear of every ones success on here. Keeps all of us newbies excited. Keep up the good job
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Thank you so much everybody.. You guys are in tears reading my story, but im in tears reading all the feedback.. It means so much to me.. This is why I always come back to this site.. I have so much encouragement on here, and it keeps me motivated.. This has to be the toughest journey in my life so far battling with weight loss.. And im so ready to conquer it.. I still have a lot of weight to loose.. But i know it will be off in no time.. Pam i live in Painesville Township in ohio.. Its about 30 minutes from cleveland.. I would really love to move from ohio sometime in the next few year.. I really dont like snow.. I tell my husband that i would love to go 1 year without snow then we can come back.. Only time can tell.. Thanks again everybody and I will keep posting are progress ;D
Katie

James
rodie

Post by rodie »

There is nothin better than hearing a persons success with ldl.I think it's what keeps us all going,not to mention that it's so easy.
Continued success,
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

JK,

I was born and raised in Barberton, Ohio, just west of Akron. Went to Nursing school in Columbus. I often wondered how anyone could enjoy summer with out snow in the winter. Well, I am in sunny Oklahoma and I found out I can live well without snow. Especially the snow and ice we got this year! Fortunately, the snow never lasts to get dirty around here. Whew.

Congratulations on such awesome success.
I have copied your post in an email and sent it out to the few friends who are still skeptical.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

jk,

I'm in FL and I would LOVE to spend a winter somewhere that has snow, and lots of it... hubby hates cold weather though.... I do get him to take me up in the mountains at Christmas time to enjoy a little of it.... if were lucky to see it that is :)  Also, we have no gorgeous fall colors here either :(  boo hoo....  I really envy all of you that live in those states that have all 4 seasons....

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Congratulations jk, not only will you be skinny, but even more importantly, you'll be much healthier!!!  Enjoy the train to skinnytown.... see you there!  ELj *hug*
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Wow 50 lbs!  It's an amazing way of eating.  Stick to this.  It will change everything about you.    Congrats  :thumbsup:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

How wonderful!!!  LDL WOE will change your life to healthier and happier.  Keep it up, because you are doing so well.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Thanks again everyone.. I walked 2.6 miles today without dying.. lol... I could have walked more if my niece wasnt so tiered.. Yesterday i got a mile out of her.. Its very beautiful in ohio this week, so im taking full advantage of out door activities.. When im skinny i would love to start doing half marathons and maybe a full marathon one day.. Only time will tell.. Thanks again everyone for all your support.. If anyone ever needs a buddy to talk to, im here.. Send me a message.. ;D
Katie

James
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I miss the beautiful colors of the fall trees in Ohio. We get mostly a dull yellow and brown here. I would like snow at Christmas but not the blizzard we had Christmas Eve this year! I do love the early warm spring. The leaves trees are budding and leafing out now and it is in the 70's to 80's. Palm trees would be a little more difficult to adjust to.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...