i am new member

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
BMorg

Re: i am new member

Post by BMorg »

Congratulations!!!! You are doing so well, Mike. When I first started LDL, I knew my two biggest problems would be no milk and no bread. MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS.....or....were!!! But I'm amazed that I have not craved either one, and I honestly do not miss them. In fact, I'll probably have to throw out the remaining 1/2 loaf of bread that is still in my bread box. This way of eating continues to amaze me. Sooo many good things to eat....so I feel no deprivation. I'm still sticking to my resolve to not weigh until my 1-month anniversary which will be June 1. But I really have no desire to weigh....I'm afraid I will be disappointed with the results and at this point, that would be VERY DISCOURAGING. I can tell my pants are a little looser.....and my pajama bottoms almost fell off me this morning....LOL....so something must be going on. Anyway, just wanted to say you are an encouragement to me.

Blessings!
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Wow Mike that is just great.  Congratulations on such a substantial drop in weight in such a short time. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I loved drinking milk and  eating milk products; however, have not missed them on LDL.  I do take V-D and Calcium---very important to get the needed amounts.  I have strong bones, so I want to continue with them.  Gwen, we need a picture of the added feathers.  Your red hat will be our envy. I have to remember not to covet!!! :thumbsup:  :D Joyful Friend
kat2455
New, but learning

Post by kat2455 »

beth and gwen.

thanks...I am glad that I am helping in some way also. That is great that the clothes are getting looser...and I think waiting for the month to be over before weighing in...is the best way.
Tomorrow is my birthday..I am going to try and resist seeking out a birthday treat...although it is customary to have cake on b-day..but not this time..
unless its made of beans and corn...lol

mike
Michael
start date 5.2.2010
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

HANG IN THERE MIKE YOU WILL LOVE THIS AND THE RESULTS WILL COME!  WITHER
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Happy Birthday Mike-  it is going to be so exciting to find out how much weight you have lost
kat2455
New, but learning

Post by kat2455 »

thanks so much..really appreciate the b-day wishes cameron...trying really hard...and its getting even easier with the day...mike
Michael
start date 5.2.2010
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

kat2455 wrote:its getting even easier with the day...mike

You are absolutely correct -- it does get easier and knowing you can eat all the LDL foods you want until you are full makes this the best eating plan you have ever tried.  I have been a yo-yo dieter for over 59 years and I love this way of eating and all the support I could wish for.  Wishing you good food, good friends, and good health!
cocokakes

Post by cocokakes »

Mike,It sounds like you are on the right track.There is a lot of soup and other recipes on here and my favorite is taco soup and pizza soup and eat until you are full. I have lost 24 lbs in  1 month and 1 week. amazing. Good luck
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Haven't heard from you in a while.  How was your birthday week, Mike?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
kat2455
New, but learning

Post by kat2455 »

Hi Gwen and everyone..

I was away for several days...and my ldl was altered a little..I maintained...but lost nothing more. I am distraught about the oil spill and that it cannot be stopped. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I am involved with green technologies. Engines that use no oil, and are able to run all on fuels...including algaes, etc.

It is so hard to get the word out..and it frustrates me...as we are literally killing ourselves relying on big oil....and that really is hard to digest.

Anyway...I am kind of in mourning as our beaches become oily, our wildlife is in severe danger...and feel helpless.

Sorry to blog so negative today...mike

Hope you are all doing well....and I appreciate all of you
Michael
start date 5.2.2010
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I hear you Mike.  Having been through a grievous process recently, I know first hand how hard it is to stay on track when your mind and emotions are in turmoil.  But please don't let your worry deter you from "keeping on keeping on" your Let's Do Lunch progress. Remember, the healthier you are, the more effective you will be in facing the challenges ahead. . .
ImageImage
kat2455
New, but learning

Post by kat2455 »

Gwen,

you make a great point about needing to stay on track with ldl...as you can fighter a better fight...and handle things better...especially when in control of ones health...so I will refocus my energies to getting back on the track...thanks for that..mike
Michael
start date 5.2.2010
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I need to take my own advice.  I'm stuck in a rut with some monumental tasks hanging over me. I'm feeling overwhelmed and it's making me want to eat at all the wrong times, from avoidance, I suppose.  They say it's all part of the grieving process, but I'm tired of feeling out of control.

Hope you're feeling better today.
ImageImage
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Gwen, I think with all you have gone through you have done very well and set an example for all of us. continue to keep yourself lifted up...... wither
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Isn't it funny when you think you know what you are eating but actually you don't know the half of it. :shocked: