A Mother's day story

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Sunny Girl
New, but learning

A Mother's day story

Post by Sunny Girl »

Last year on Mother's day (May 10), my husband and I were invited to a brunch and a surprise celebration for our son's birthday!  How fun!  He had no idea we would be there - (we live about 125 miles apart)  After a wonderful brunch, my son took our pictures...and one of me by myself.....little did I know I would see the article in the FIRST magazine a few days later.  Well, that picture has become by "before" picture !!

Yesterday, Mother's Day 2010,  I am thrilled to report that I have lost 75 pounds using Let's Do Lunch!!!      Just for the record, I was 67 years old and had come to the conclusion that my weight would remain with me for the rest of my life!  Then I found LDL and haven't looked back!  I love the "dee-lish" recipes and how easy it is to eat this way !! 

I am truly thankful to Roger Troy for his dedication, and his willingness to share his experience with the world so we can all benefit! 
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: A Mother's day story

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Congratulations on the life changing weight loss!  Isn't this just the best way to eat there is and oh ya, I LOVE THE FANTASTIC RECIPES. 
Everytime I see someone who needs to lose weight I want to run up to them and tell them all about it.  Not brave enough to do that but I do tell the people and family I am close to so their lives can be saved too.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sunny Girl, what an inspiring story!  I am similar  to you in the fact I am a senior.  At 69, I had given up on ever being thin again.  The First Magazine article changed my life.  I am 70, my energy is like I had in my 50's.  People kid my husband that he has a new wife.  I have gone from 16W and 18 to size 10 and 8.  I will also be forever grateful to Roger for LDL and to my heavenly Father for allowing me to discover it.  I, too, have enjoyed the delicious recipes.  Isn't it wonderful enjoying our senior years with a new sized body?  :D :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Wendy,
I carry copies of the "First" magazine article in my purse. I gave one to my hair stylist today because she started asking how much weight I had lost and how I had done it. She said that she's going to check it out. She would like to lose 40 lbs and I encouraged her by telling how easy it is to follow this way of eating.

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
tthso52

Post by tthso52 »

What a wonderful Mother's Day story.  You must be so proud and excited.  I love this WOE.  I know I can stick to the plan.
Terry

Restarted LDL on 2/7/11
3 weeks on LDL 2/28 -5#
3/31/11 -7#
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sunny Girl- Your story is so inspiring.  You may not post often, but you sure are a LDL success story.  I bet many people are inspired by your story.  I'm 63 so I guess several of us are proving that it's never too late.  Did you send "before" and "after" pictures to Roger when he requested them a few weeks ago?  Are you at goal weight now?  Congratulations.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I love this story!  Congratulations, Sunny!  You surely brightened my day.  :D
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Thank you for sharing this great story. It is indeed inspiring.
rodie

Post by rodie »

What a GREAT story,thanks for sharing!
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations! and thanks for sharing. what a wonderful encouraging post!
I am 59 and started eating this way last july. I have lost about 30 lbs when I thought I was too old to ever really loose weight. I so agree that is nice to be getting older with a much smaller body!!
I am able to do so much more than I use to just because I am not carrying the extra weight around with me.
Bobbi