NEWBIE ON THE TRAIN TO SKINNYTOWN!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
LilMizMargi
New, but learning

NEWBIE ON THE TRAIN TO SKINNYTOWN!!!

Post by LilMizMargi »

Greetings and blessings from South Florida!

I am new to LDL, just started this past Monday, May 10th. Reading the blue book and trying to learn the ropes. Doing lots of reading in the boards as well. What a great bunch of people! So caring and willing to help.

Like so many of you I have tried just about every "diet" imaginable. Success has eluded me most of my adult life. I was already looking into bariatric surgery when a friend gave me RT's blue book as a gift. I know the Lord orders my step and the book came at the very timeliest of moments in my life. I already had an appointment on Monday to see my doctor to begin the process for bariatric surgery. I kept my appointment but discussed LDL with him and got a green light to pursue it. He ordered some blood-work and will get results some time next week.

I feel I have been doing pretty well so far. One thing I have noticed for sure is that the bloat is suddenly gone! And I am not craving sweets or carbs or salties. And I am satisfied when I eat. Hallelujah! I had been experiencing extreme tiredness and lack of energy the first three days but today I am as perky as the Ever-Ready bunny! I believe I am over THAT hump. Not too difficult staying away from bread, rice, potatoes, etc as I considered them enemies since before LDL. Don't get me wrong. I love the stuff but they love to stick to my midriff and hips! So off with their heads, sort of speak! LOL

I am desperately trying to stay away from the scale but to be honest, the curiosity is getting the better of me. It is a decision I must make every day.......stay away from the scale, Margi, stay away!

My youngest son is getting married June 11, 2011 in Brasil and my goal is to be a new me by his wedding! Please pray with me that I will make that goal and then some. I want to be a radiant, gorgeous, spectacularly skinny mother-of-the-groom!

Wishing y'all God's best!
Margi
*love*
MusicManiac

Re: NEWBIE ON THE TRAIN TO SKINNYTOWN!!!

Post by MusicManiac »

Oh, Margi - I'm so happy you're here!!!

While at Church last week, one woman asked me how I lost weight.  I told her what I was doing - eating my big meal at lunch and what exactly I was eating.  She asked me if I had "the" surgery.  In a way, I did.  I had a mental surgery!  Isn't it much better to pretend you had surgery?  In either case, you'll need to adapt to a new way of eating!  And, this is SO much better!

Congratulations to your son and to the new you!!!
Marga
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Marga!

OMGosh you only have 18 more lbs to go!  How wonderful!  I believe when you helped me put my first pic on here, you were only half way to your goal!  Congratulations!  I haven't seen you on much either.... but you are sure doing great!

Wecome Margi!  You will love your journey on the Train to Skinny Town....Hundreds of yummy recipes to try!  You won't get bored with trying new ones....

Good Luck to you!  Once your on the train, its smooth railing all the way!  ;D

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

LilMizMargi wrote:was already looking into bariatric surgery when a friend gave me RT's blue book as a gift. I already had an appointment on Monday to see my doctor to begin the process for bariatric surgery. I kept my appointment but discussed LDL with him and got a green light to pursue it.

Margi,

Welcome to the best way of eating ever  :thumbsup:  If you can, order Roger's red book or wait until his new edition comes out hopefully some time this year.  There have been some vital changes from his blue cover book to his red cover book that will keep more of the cravings at bay.

Also, I congratulate your doctor on being open-minded about your trying LDL.  You won't disappoint him if you follow LDL to the letter. You'll lose weight without really trying too hard, gain control over your eating habits, and your health will improve considerably!

Marga,

Nice to hear from you again; especially about the significant weight loss since we last heard from you. Those last 18 lbs will be a lot easier to lose than the ones previous because the incentive to reach goal weight becomes even stronger!  Take care and post a little more often so we don't lose track of your progress.