WEDDING BAND BLUES (not really)

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
BMorg

WEDDING BAND BLUES (not really)

Post by BMorg »

I was walking down the hall here at work and heard something go "clink" on the floor. Looked down and it was my WEDDING BAND. OMG!!!! It had gotten really loose on my ring finger, so I had moved it to my index finger. It just slipped off and I didn't even notice. So thankful I wasn't outside or something where I wouldn't have heard the sound.  :thumbdown:

Now, I've moved it to my middle finger. It's snug enough now that it won't slip over my knuckle. Hopefully. Hope everyone is having a marvelous Monday.

Blessings.
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
jkgregory

Re: WEDDING BAND BLUES (not really)

Post by jkgregory »

I think i took my wedding rings off after the 2nd month.. They are really big on all my fingers.. Keep up the good work!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!
Katie

James
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Yep!  That's why I am wearing the cheap ring for now.  Mine had to fall twice before I took it off until I am at goal and have it re-sized.  It is a very visible sign that this plan is working for you.  Your fingers aren't getting smaller without the rest of you doing the same :rose:!  Isn't LDL the best??!  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Woohoo! You are doing it. Keep up the great work.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Now THAT'S the kind of problem we all want to have!  ;)  :thumbsup:

Good job, Beth, and so glad you didn't lose your ring in the process. What an encouragement to keep on going!

Enjoy the little surprises along the way, and the littler you!
Terri
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Beth,

Getting your rings resized is also a "now I can't turn back to my old ways" reminder.  I hope as you continue to lose and you move down a size in clothes to have them altered or give them to charity.  You don't want them in your closet because your mind set cannot be "just in case LDL doesn't work".  I have given away three sizes, which was 3/4 of my clothes, had the other fourth altered, and bought a few new things.  Now, I have clothes that fit me and they are a constant reminder that I must maintain my goal weight.  Your day will come when you have to start closet cleaning and I hope you'll love every minute of it -- I did!
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Vicki Lynn,
I can't wait to get to the "cleaning-out-the-closet" stage!!! I'll keep ONE pair of fat pants (to show off), everything else is going to go! I've got a whole new wardrobe waiting for me in there...stuff I have never worn with tags still on them. Right now, I've two pair of dress pants that I alternate between, one black, one navy blue. Pants are the hardest thing for me to find to fit, because I'm so "bottom-heavy". I can't wait to start having more variety in my wardrobe!!! It's just on the horizon!  :)

Blessings to you, Vicky Lynn  :rose:
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

BMorg wrote:Pants are the hardest thing for me to find to fit, because I'm so "bottom-heavy".

Beth,

I too have always been 'bottom-heavy" and I had a waist that was a lot smaller so finding pants that fit both my waist and thighs was a challenge.  Now comes the good news -- LDL is not only the only way to lose weight, but as you do somehow this way of eating re-distrubites your weight properly.  Believe me when I say that I no longer have much trouble finding pants to fit me. One more plus for LDL!

P.S.  The only problem now when I search for a pant I like is finding a pair that sits on the waist and not just below or lower.  Why they think older women would look good in the lowered waist pants is beyond me.
Last edited by VickiLynn on May 20th, 2010, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Vicky, I had the same problem--usually had to buy mix and match suits.  Now I get to buy one size.  Thanks to LDL.    I have never had my rings re-sized.  I should, but my ring guard is large  and still stays below my big knuckle.  I did buy my 70th birthday ring one size smaller.  It could have been more, but to go over my knuckles, I couldn't.  My size 8 bracelets fall off.  I lost one, but found it.  I did have several 71/2 so they are fine.  Now I can order  size 7---less expensive.  I shop a lot at Antique stores  and at flea markets for jewelry.  While in Fredricksburg, Texas for the LDL get together, I found a beautiful bracelet.  If I had of had my big wrists, I could not have worn it.  I just love it, and I think of the good time we had there.  LDL has so many positive outcomes.  Sooo grateful for it.  :thumbsup:  and  *hug*  Joyful Friend