Good report card

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Mike

Good report card

Post by Mike »

As one of the "I'm back" members of LDL I had the experience of going to the doctor last week for one of my more severe gout attacks.  While there, the conversation of my weight came up.  I told the doctor I was on LDL and briefly explained it. He said he had heard about it.  Since I do not weigh myself, I quoted the inches lost to him and he said if it is working for me to keep it up.  He also ordered lab work to be done. (heart, cholesterol, uric acid, etc.)  When I got the results I was amazed.  The nurse said that the doctor was very pleased with my tests results and everything was very much in line with normal results.  The uric acid which causes the gout was LOW. The only reason these results were as good as they are is because of what I have been eating.  When I did LDL 4 years ago, I had the same success.  Now the only thing I am still stumped about is why I still develop gout with low uric acid reading.  Guess I will figure that out later.  I've only been back for about a month, but just like before, it is working. 
Kathie

Re: Good report card

Post by Kathie »

That is amazing Mike!  Keep it up!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

So happy for you that you received such a great report card.  You're doing the right thing being back here and following the plan!  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Wonderful news Mike.  And welcome back to LDL.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome back, Mike.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

That is an amazing story Mike, Welcome back    CK
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome back Mike! so glad to have you return.

You might try cellery seed for your gouty pain. As a nurse, I have learned that labels really mean little.

Congratulations on the good lab report!!!Yeah!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

i DON'T KNOW YOU FROM BEFORE, BUT GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US.....WITHER
tthso52

Post by tthso52 »

Great news on the blood work!  My husband suffers with gout.  Sometimes we have no idea what caused the attack!
It is a terrible problem.    Keep up the good work.
Terry

Restarted LDL on 2/7/11
3 weeks on LDL 2/28 -5#
3/31/11 -7#
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I really don't know much about gout either, but I was wondering if maybe because you'd been off the LDL way of eating for so long, your body had stored some of the toxins.  Now that you are eating right again, it flushed them out and maybe somehow because of that, you had a flare up.

OK, now that you are back on LDL, stay!  :stop:  Don't go anywhere else!  :D It is wonderful, as you know.  You are going to stay healthiest eating this way -- and you can also stay happy with all the good flavor.

Welcome back.