1 year anniversary on LDL and down 70 POUNDS!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Glen M
New, but learning

Re: 1 year anniversary on LDL and down 70 POUNDS!

Post by Glen M »

Hello Irainbow2006!
I am ALMOST at my goal weight but I need to lose about 10 more pounds. That would put me right at 175 which is what my BMI weight should be. I had kind of set that as my goal. Lots of friends say "you don't need to lose anymore you'll look too skinny" (which is a great compliment!) but it's kind of become a mental goal for me now. When I first started I had a very nice suit that I couldn't wear anymore. Well instead of using the scales to judge my success by, I would try on my "goal suit" and everytime I tried it on I would get a little closer to being able to button it! Well now....that suit is really a little too big. The scales are not the only way to measure success! As a matter of fact I would only allow myself to weight ONCE A MONTH!! I am a strong believer in that. I have seen people totally fall off the wagon because they were weighing too often. The first time I weighed I had been on LDL for 2 months. I had to weigh because I went to the doctors office and you really can't "NOT" look at the scale, It's right there in front of you! It said I had dropped 28 pounds! You can imagine my excitement! The doctor mentioned "you've lost weight" and I said yes, 28 pounds. She said well, I have you at 32 pounds!! I'll take that! that's much better!!!
I also failed to mention in my previous post when I was talking about all my friends and relatives losing weight after seeing how much I had lost that my wife has lost around 28 pounds on LDL also!  Yeah Trish! I am so very proud of her! Of course she didn't need to lose weight like I did. I almost got in trouble because I didn't mention that!!!

Hang in there! Look at this for the long term...the rest of your life!! The weight and your size will drop. There was times when I only lost 1 pound in a month. My thoughts were: well at least it's going DOWN...and that's good right?

Thanks everyone, God bless all of you!

Glen
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Glen, everything you said is so true.  I too began my LDL journey on June 29th of last year.  Happy Anniversay and congratulations on your great success!  God is so good to have revealed this way of eating to Roger and then for him to share so freely with us.  God knows who He can trust with this kind of treasure.  Think of all the people your success has touched.  You are making a big difference in many lives.  Thanks for sharing your awesome testimony!
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Hey Crickadoodle!
Congrats on your Anniversary too!! Isn't it awesome one whole year for me how about you, 1 year also? I noticed you are 10 pounds below target weight? Wow! That is so great, I need to keep on going down too!! God has been so good to both us and our families!

Thanks for posting!

Glen
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Crick- Happy anniversary and congratulations on doing such a wonderful job of living the LDL lifestyle and enjoying all the successes!  You are an inspiration to all of us *hug*!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It is truly an amazing way of eating, isn't it?  A year ago I was quite heavier than I am today -- the same person on the inside, though.  It is such a blessing to be stronger and healthier and slimmer.  God is so good to us.  I was posting on another thread that isn't it wonderful to love all these foods that actually love us back?!  You know?  In the past we loved all the foods that actually hated us and caused us to be diseased and unhealthy in so many ways.  These new foods are so beautiful, colorful and healthy.  We grow to love them more than the old foods we used to eat and we realize how good they are for us.  In a sense, they love us back!  They make us stronger, fitter and more beautiful.  I was 50 yrs. old when I started LDL, and it has made growing older so much easier.  I look better than I did in my 40s.  Not so bad to grow old, when you grow to be better, you know?  I have increased my muscle strength too, and that makes a huge difference on the quality of life I'm enjoying. 

Anyway, I stay between 5-10 lbs. below my goal weight with no difficulty.  I love sharing with others and helping them reach their goals too. 
Last edited by crickadoodle on July 8th, 2010, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Glen,  Your story makes me want to cry. :'( I am so happy for you and jealous at the same time. You give me hope. Thank you. :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Glen,

Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss and your 1 year anniversary on LDL.  *woot* *woot* *woot*                       

I know your story and success will inspire others and especially some men who may be lurking out there and not posting or on the fence about starting LDL. It is such a healthful way of eating.  :thumbsup:

10 lbs to goal!  WOW - that has to feel incredible! 

Julie :rose:
JEM

Post by JEM »

Congratulations Glen! Keep up the good work. It's always encouraging to read about people's success stories on here.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
tthso52

Post by tthso52 »

Congratulations!  You are an inspiration.  Thank you for posting.
Terry

Restarted LDL on 2/7/11
3 weeks on LDL 2/28 -5#
3/31/11 -7#
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

I re-red Crickadoodles post her and she always has just the right words to explain why LDL works.  It is wonderful to come to love all the foods that love us back, keeping us healthier and feeling younger!  I started LDL at the age of 68 and a year later I can attest to the fact that I feel great.  Not only am I about 5 lbs below the goal weight I set for myself, I continue to maintain that weight easily by eating the LDL way.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Enthusiasm is contagious!  It helps when you don't have to pretend you aren't eating because you aren't hungry.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!  How many of us have tried other diets that kept us hungry all the time and we had to tell those who knew we were trying to lose weight an untruth!  That is why LDL is the best way of eating ever -- it keeps us full.
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

And the food taster good. :D
mgcg95

Post by mgcg95 »

Glen,
Hey this is Chris and Michelle Garrison...We just started the diet today you and Lynette and others were are deciding factor. You look great. Please feel free to send us any helpful advice and most of all Keep up in your prayers.

Love,
Chris and Michelle
Michelle Garrison
Ain't God Good
Day 1 Sept 20 2010 245lbs
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations, Chris and Michelle, for making the decision to reclaim your health.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Chris & Michelle
Congratulations on such a great life changing choice.  You will be happy Glen told you about this program because you will feel better then you have in years and lose weight while eating until full all this wonderful food.

If you don't have your book yet read as much as you can on the boards and it will get you going with great recipes and lots of advice and knowledge.
Ask all the questions you want and someone will be there to answer them for you.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Congratulations! Wow! I just started the diet officially yesterday! You are such an inspiration!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

So happy to hear about another husband and wife team signing up for the most wonderful way of eating EVER.  My husband and I both started LDL July 2009 and are now at goal weight. We lost all those unwanted pounds eating, eating, eating until full. Our self-esteem and emotional health soared, our overall health increased dramatically, and our belief in LDL never wavered.  You too will experience all of these life-saving emotions by chosing the only path to freedom from "diets".
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Hey Chris & Michelle!
I'm so happy to hear you guys have decided to start LDL! Congratulations! You have started a new way of life that will change the way you look, the way you feel and the way you eat for the rest of your life!
1) My best advice would be to READ THE BOOK and stick with the book.
2) Some of the biggest things that helped me was to stay away from the scales! Don't use those scales as a measure of success.
3) Go by your clothes size, not the scales! I didn't weight for the first time until I had been on the way of life for 2 months. I had to weight then because I had a doc appointment. Well, I was down somewhere around 28 pounds!! So ...I had this real nice suit I wanted to be able to get back into, so I used those pants as a gauge to see the progress that I was making. Every so often I would try on those pants to check my size and I could just see myself getting closer and closer to my goal! Now....they are too big! Isn't that cool!!! This will happen to you guys too!
4) Another thing that helped me was that I would always make a smoothie in the evenings, kind of like a dessert. I cannot tell you how much this helped me. One of the best decisions I made was to purchase a Vitamix at Costco. Yes, it was VERY expensive ....but worth it. If I had it to do all over again, I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had to borrow the money to do it!! Now, we use that vitamix several times a day so it has to be tough to hold up to that kind of use. My smoothies are about like ice creme so your average blender won't cut it long. I now also have a smoothie every morning on the way to work. This is my breakfast!
5) I did NOT go hungry! I don't do good when I'm hungry! I love to snack, so I snacked on fruit. After changing your way of eating your "taste" will change and you will not crave the sweets and bread and fried food that you used to like. You also will lose those "sugar drops" where you feel weak and shaky, like your going to be sick. I used to have those all the time but now it's very rare that I have one.
6) Everyone asks  ....how can you NOT eat cake and ice creme and other sweets on special occasions, etc? Well, it's MUCH easier to do when you don't crave them! So hang in there, read these message boards, try different recipes and it will get easier and better and you will look back at this time when you started and thank God that you found LDL!! I know I sure do!!
One last thing....I did not exercise during this time. I guess I should have, but I didn't. Now that is another goal I have to get more exercise into my life.

Stay in touch!!!

Glen