1st month weigh-in

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
pkj
New, but learning

1st month weigh-in

Post by pkj »

It's been one month since starting the LDL woe and I have lost 9.8 lbs!  My husband says this is the first time I've followed through with a diet since he has known me (6 yrs).  The funny thing is, I don't feel as though I've been on a diet for 4 wks.  It feels as though I am finally learning how to be healthy.  As much as I wish all of my weight would be gone in a month, I know it took years for me to get this big and it will take time to lose it.

Thank each and every one of you for your inspiration! 

God bless.

PKJ
Mary J
Master Member

Re: 1st month weigh-in

Post by Mary J »

Congratulations pkj!  No way this is a diet, eating like this.... it is a wonderful way to enjoy all the good foods and lose all the weight you need to.....

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Congratulations PKJ!!!  How much weight are you wanting to lose? I love this WOE (way of eating). I have been doing LDL for 9 months and have lost 66 lbs. The food is so delicious that it definitely doesn't feel like dieting!!

Welcome to this healthy WOE!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go!  That's awesome!  And this way of eating IS all about getting healthy by eating real foods!  Hope we hear from you on a regular basis.  We love to share victories and rejoice for each other.  Pam
Last edited by MsHeirloom on July 27th, 2010, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Welcome PKJ!  Both my husband and I have been eating the LDL way for a little over a year.  Not only have we reached "skinnytown" but we have become more heathy (lower blood pressure, lower colesterol).  We also have never gotten bored with the meals that I cook using all the fantastic recipes on the boards.  Diet?  NO, just a way to eat as much as you want and lose weight along the way.  Who would have thunk life could be sooooooo good!
Last edited by VickiLynn on July 28th, 2010, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

Way to go PKJ, the word diet doesn't even come to mind anymore to me. I think of it as the best ( WOE ) or HAPPY EATING...LOL. Keep on truckin!!!!

TIM
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

PKJ,

Congratulations on your fabulous results in your first month! Well done!  :thumbsup:

The funny thing is, I don't feel as though I've been on a diet for 4 wks.  It feels as though I am finally learning how to be healthy.

and well said! 

Julie :rose:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Way to go PJK! congratulations for hoping on this train to Skinnytown!!!
yeahhhhhh!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Awesome results, keep up the great work.... err fun!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Great results PKJ...you are doing so awesome!
Hugs! Kathie in  Fl.
[
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

PJK -- it's not a diet it is a LIVEt!  That's why you can stick to it.  It isn't one of those grit your teeth and bear it until you lose the weight and then get off it and eat real food -- and gain all the weight back and 10 more lbs.  This is real food and you don't have to be deprived  -- but you actually can enjoy eating and somehow you lose weight too.  I'm 50 lbs. lighter and still wonder how it happened!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I love that, I am 30lbs light and also still wonder how it happened. lol  ;D Congratulations pkj Keep on one day at a time and you will be saying the same thing,
hugs
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Congrats on the weight loss!!!! Ldl is such a wonderful woe.. My husband and i have lost a whole lot of weight since the beginning of the year.. It still gets easier and easier as the days go by.. Keep up the good work!!  *woot* *woot*
Katie

James
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Katie,

Miss not hearing from you so it was really nice to see your post.  You and your husband's weight loss numbers are fantastic  *hug*  -- 104 pounds for you and 87 for James  :thumbsup:.  Are there any personal tips you can pass along to newbies that will inspire them to keep on keeping LDL?
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Actually, I don't ever remember hearing of anyone losing more weight than that over such a short period of time!  It is an inspiration to so many people, especially those who have over 100 lbs. to lose.  So much weight to lose makes you feel it'll take years and years, but if you can lose it this quickly, you can commit to doing it.  Thank you for being faithful!
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Hey Vickilynn, The biggest tip i could give anyone trying to lose weight is, you have to want it!!! I have found that losing weight is like quitting smoking.. It is extremely hard to quit eating all that bad food.. Dig deep in your self and you can find that will power.. Its hard.. But here i am 105 pound lighter than i was at the beginning of the year and theres no turning back for me.. Make sure your eating until your satisfied.. Dont let your self be hungry.. Hunger pains just make me wanna step off ldl.. When i feel hungry i eat.. Now its smart choices instead of eating a candybar or a whole bag of chips.. I have also found that at the beginning of ldl i could eat all the eggs i wanted.. Now it stalls my weight.. So does popcorn.. Its kind of weird how that worked out.. But so far those are the 2 things that are acceptable that i eat on occasion.. I also like to exercise.. My doctor told me atleast 20 minutes a day.. Just even a 20 minute walk.. Get a little clammy he told me.. You dont have to strain yourself.. But that 20 minutes is good for your heart.. Everyone keep up the good work!!! All aboard the skinny train!!  ;D ;D
Katie

James
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations on your first week with LDL, JK Looks like you are off to a great start! Welcome to train to Skinnytown. You are a great encourager to many!

Wow, Katie, Congratulations on your and your husbands weight loss!
And thanks for your words of wisdom.

Hugs,
Bobbi