2nd month weigh in

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
pkj
New, but learning

2nd month weigh in

Post by pkj »

I wish I had great news to celebrate with my second month but I have only lost 2 more lbs.  However, this brings my overall total to 11.8 lbs.  The second month was very difficult for me to stay the course and I found many days where I felt like a shark on a feeding frenzy. 

I have started walking every day and feel as though I am making progress but not as quickly as I had hoped.  I'm not much of a cook and find using recipes difficult.  With that being said, I am committed to making a change and will begin with cooking soup on the weekend to have on hand for the week.  At the moment, refried beans from our local mexican resturaunt have been my staple food.  The manager said it is made with VO and I order it without cheese but if I don't bring some variety into my selections I know I will become dissatisfied.

Although I don't post often, I read the boards several times a week.  I enjoy reading everyone's experiences.

PKJ
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: 2nd month weigh in

Post by MsHeirloom »

pkj- In addition to all the wonderful points Roger made, look at the big picture.  You are transitioning into a new lifestyle and way of eating.  You will reap the rewards of improved health and freedom from cravings and feeding frenzies!  I wasn't much of a cook when I started, I had given up on cooking because I was so unhappy with my weight.  My husband cooked or brought in restaurant foods in self-defense so that he didn't starve!  Now, I do all the cooking, however, he is the master of preparing fruit salad for breakfast and dinner or snacking.  I love to make big batches of soups and stew which last 3-4 meals or go into the freezer.  Cooking is really easy with this WOE.  Corn thins make sandwiches possible.  Popcorn satisfies my crunch desire.  I love hummus and raw vegetables.  The fruit cobblers are a great treat for the weekend.  Eating out is easy, especially at places with a salad bar.  I never get bored and always find foods within the plan to satisfy any craving/desire.  And don't lose sight of the fact that you have lost almost 12 pounds!  What more can you ask for.  As Roger says, keep on keeping one!  Pam
pkj
New, but learning

Post by pkj »

Thanks for the reply, Roger.  I haven't been eating out, with the exception of our local Mexican resturaunt and having refried beans and grilled chicken, but I also haven't been cooking meals and eating until full.  The first month I grilled a lot of fish and chicken and ate meals and was thrilled with my results.  I'm disappointed in myself for not following through during the second month.  With that being said, I know I am on a journey and developing positive changes.  I do eat fruit for breakfast.  Sometimes I will add an egg on corn thins.   I have found myself doing portion control and need to break this habit.  When I mentioned the feeding frenzy this does not occur on a daily basis but it did not occur when I was eating LDL correctly the first month.

I certainly wasn't implying that LDL will become boring.  What I was trying to say is that I have to expand what I am eating and I have to plan ahead in order to be succesful.  I may not have been as successful the second month but I have made positive changes and will continue to do so.  I will re-read the chapters as you suggested and will stay the course.  Thank you for caring and giving me the kick in the pants that I needed.

Kind regards,

PKJ
pkj
New, but learning

Post by pkj »

Thank you, Pam.  I really appreciate your encouragement!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

pkj, Make sure you eat, eat, eat.  Many of the recipes call mostly for canned beans and corn, so that makes it easier.  When I first started LDL, I ate every day like a shark on an LDL feeding frenzy.  Even now, I still eat a lot of LDL foods.  It is the greatest WOE for losing weight, getting healthy, and losing those cravings.  I know you can do it, so I'll be praying for your success.  !2 lbs is excellent for two months.  That is 72# in a year.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
Wendell92

Post by Wendell92 »

PKJ - I just wanted to let you know that your success story of 12 pounds in just 2 months showed me that I could do this do and I placed my order for my book and recipe cards - I have always heard that healthy weight loss is 1 - 2 pounds a week you are doing wonderful and a true inspiration to me!!  Keep up the great work :cool:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

congratulations on staying the course! I echo the 12# loss in 2 monthes is phenominal! and Yeah for you. You  got it right, this is a journey and we all have had lots of old dieting habits to get rid off. It is so great to not have to portion control.
You will make it. I hear the commitment in your words and It sure looks like you are already a great encouragement to others.

Wishing you the best.
Bobbi
PeggyJ
New, but learning

Post by PeggyJ »

Not sure if I'm supposed to post this here, but wanted pkj to know one of my quick fixes when I don't have time to cook.  I open up a can of red beans, a can of corn, and a small jar of salsa.  Stir it all together and you have a meal.  It's delicious, quick and filling.

Wishing you much success.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

That's a great idea Peggy,
I m going to do that also. I think I will have a can of beans, corn and some salsa on hand at work for those days I am unprepared.
After a while, salads everyday for lunch doesn't get it. But I have also found adding canned beans to a garden salad when chicken breast not available really works great also.

pjk,
Hang in there. Sometimes feeding frenzies just happen. If you read other member journals we all have had those periods especially in the beginning. Maybe some protein deprivation causing it, maybe too much fruit and not enough veggies, may be none of this, just adjustment. Just eat LDL foods and it will pass. 12 lbs in 2 months is great! I went 5 months before loosing anything, but I was happy not to be gaining anything especially over the holidays last year. If your clothes continue to get loose, then you are doing great no matter what the scales say!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...