Three Weeks

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
PeggyJ
New, but learning

Three Weeks

Post by PeggyJ »

LDL is an answered prayer!  I have done Weight Watchers, Atkins, counted calories, liquid diets and belonged to TOPS.  You name it and I have tried it.  I would lose, but would not make it a life changing WOE.  This has been the easiest, most fulfilling diet I have ever been on.  I do not crave potatoes and sweets at all and that is a big plus for me.  I have lost 10 1/2  pounds after 3 weeks.  We eat out quite often on weekends and that has not been a problem for me.  When you eat and feel satisfied, it is not hard to stay on the diet.  I am so thankful for having been told about the book and enjoy reading about new recipes and the encouragement everyone gives. 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Three Weeks

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations, Peggy, and welcome to LDL.  These forums are so helpful.  You are at the right place and off to a great start.  Please keep us informed of all your victories!  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome Peggy J!!

That is wonderful progress that you have made in such a short period of time. You are right, this IS the best way of eating. You will do great.

ck
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome Peggy,
Glad you joined us. and thanks for sharing! You will be an encouragement to many.
PeggyJ
New, but learning

Post by PeggyJ »

When telling others about the diet, it is hard for them to comprehend that you eat till you are full!!  It is amazing...the ONLY diet that I have not been hungry at all!!  Thanks for the encouragement.  I love this site!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Peggy,

This way of eating is an answer to my prayers. I DON'T DO HUNGRY!!! With this WOE I don't have to go hungry!!!

Happy eating (and losing),
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

PeggyJ
I know what you mean about people understanding this way of eating.  I even gave my extended family a book to pass around and read.  They are still trying to lose weight their own way and can't see how this one can work for them.  They are seeing me losing all this weight but to them it seems like too much work.  I figure at some point they will come around as they are dieting yet gaining weight.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yup, the "I just don't understand it" look is a common one I get also. In fact I have cousins that desperately need and Want to loose weight. They are going the just eating smaller portion way. I talked to her the other day and she says she is doing great "just hard to get use to always feeling hungry". I encourage them because they need it but I am hoping they will some day give this way of eating a try. A huge no sacrifice way to eat! And yes they think there are too many beans on this woe and it is too complicated. hmmmmmm hardest part is giving up your old diet way of thinking.
Keep up the great work PeggyJ,
hugs,
Bobbi
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Most people I talk to here in Oklahoma are OK with the beans, it is the cutting out of bread, rice and pasta that trips them up.
Eventually they come back and ask about what I am doing as they see me getting smaller and what they are doing not working for them.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- We are the best testimonial for LDL, aren't we?!  When people see lasting results, when they see the ever smaller us, then they can believe that there is an eating plan that delivers what it promises!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Exactly Pam,
That was my main goal with LDL was to prove you can eat, and stay slim without surgery or starvation, counting "diets". Even though the scales are not moving right now, my clothes are getting looser and coworkers are still noticing that I'm slimmer.
Yep, I'm happy!
Just feel sad for those who don't think they can do it and still want to try something "faster". Oh well, they will be back!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda, I have noticed most everybody who leaves does come back. Wonder what causes them to leave anyway after having such great sucess. Everyone that has left says they gained back some weight if not all. I hope I never trip up. We are all human and things do tempt us. We can learn from others though, that's the good thing.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wither,
I think it is just the fast food syndrome. Once you start, you eat, feel satisfied, then don't feel like cooking and next time you are hungry, its too late to cook, so fast food again.

This is a lifestyle change and sometimes it just takes time to fully commit to the changes necessary.
Most of us who are hanging in till the end have exhausted all the other options and are ready to make the changes.
Linda

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Peggy, this way of eating is so good I cannot call it a DIEt!  I made up a new word and call it a LIVEt!  I can live with it, and the other ways of eating to lose weight were killing me!  :thumbdown:  I couldn't stick with them and if I got off them, I never could submit to them again.  I figure that is because I had bad memories.  With LDL, if I eat off plan, I get right back on.  It is delicious and satisfying in every way and I only have wonderful memories of my LDL meals. 

I also am teaching this way of eating to others.  I tell my students that success isn't measured by how much weight you lose on a "diet" -- but how well you maintain that loss.  Now, with this Livet you can easily maintain what you lose.  It has success built right in.
PeggyJ
New, but learning

Post by PeggyJ »

I look at all of your little weight loss charts and that is so encouraging to me!!  And, Crickadoddle!  Wow, 10 pounds below your goal!  That's terrific! 

I can tell the weight loss is becoming a little slower now, but I don't mind that as long as I can see a 'minus' once in a while.  Plus, I know this is healthy eating and I know those cholesterol levels and blood pressure will be coming down too.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Peggy,

You started this topic and I'm happy to see you are still with us.  As long as you continue to lose ounces/pounds, it makes no difference wether it's done fast or slow.  Even a stall once in a while is better than a pound gained! And, your colesterol and blood pressure will get better and better -- I have a husband who can attest to that benefit of LDL.
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Keep up the good work!!! I also tried other diets and i didnt even last a month on any of them.. Ive been on ldl since January 3rd and it hasnt been a struggle at all because ive been full and i can still eat.. Your blood pressure should get better to.. Mines been normal for months now.. Good luck with this woe!!!  *woot* *woot*
Katie

James
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

Hi Peggy and welcome.  I have often called myself the weight watcher poster child and like you have done so many diets for so long that I was a true yo-yo dieter.  The WOE (I won't even call it a diet) has been so satisfying I can't get enough of it.  We bought a new freezer for veggies and fruits that we now buy wholesale.  My dad and stepmom on doing it too.  My stepmom is 68 and because of health problems has not been able to exercise.  She lost her first 10lbs on LDL and was so overjoyed.  It's made such a change in her outlook and she has more energy and has started doing little chores around the house again.  My dad and I are both diabetics and found it hard to believe that eating this way would help our blood sugars, but I am now a believer.  My blood sugars hang out between 90 and 110. I have found everyone on this site so helpful and supportive.  I think of them as my dearest friends and speak of them often to everyone I meet.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
PeggyJ
New, but learning

Post by PeggyJ »

Okay...last 2 weeks no weight loss.  I'm a little disappointed in that but I read all of your post and understand that happens.  I am so pleased, though, that I have had no bread, sweets, or POTATOES, since starting LDL.  I do feel better, I'm not craving foods like I used to do, and it is still easy to stay the course.  So, I'm believing those pounds will start dropping again soon.