PTL! Went from size 16 regular to size 12 petite! 22#Lost!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
waquin

PTL! Went from size 16 regular to size 12 petite! 22#Lost!

Post by waquin »

I want to Praise the Lord for LDL, Roger and all the wonderful helpers on this website!
I feel so blessed to be able to give my testimony about my weight loss.
I battled for years, tried a vegetarian diet for a year, ended up with hypothyroidism, was put on Synthroid.
Kept gaining until I was up to 152#. Maybe that doesn't sound like much to some people, but I'm 5' 4" with a small frame.
As of Aug. 1, 2010 I was wearing a size 16 regular.
I started LDL that day.
Today, Oct 3, 2010 ( two days before my birthday), I weigh 130# and am wearing a size 12 petite and am off of Synthroid, per blood test results.
Thyroid Normal!
Lost 5" off my waist & 8" off my hips!
Don't crave sweets, potatoes, bread or any processed carbs.
What a great way to live the rest of my life....love LDL!
Thank you all,
God bless you...
*love* waquin
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it and be glad.
Psalm 118:24
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: PTL! Went from size 16 regular to size 12 petite! 22#Lost!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Waquin- What an amazing testimony to your success on LDL.  Very inspirational.  You must feel like a new woman!  Pam
waquin

Post by waquin »

Thank you Pam.
I DO feel like a new woman!
*love*waquin
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Waquin,

Congratulations!!!  Don't you just love LDL??

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Waquin,

Congrats on reaching your goal weight  :thumbsup: .  But, I do hope you don't fall back on your old habits because you know if you continue to eat all those good LDL foods, you just may get well below your goal weight -- your body will let you know when it has reached its limit.  For example, Crickadoodle is 10 lbs below her goal weight and I know Joyful Friend is too. Both of their bodies came to find their proper weight.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

:rose: :rose: CONGRATULATIONS WAQUIN! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
waquin

Post by waquin »

Thank you ollie, VickiLynn and Linda!
No VickiLynn, I will not go back to my old habits because those foods sort of gag me when I look at them and think of eating them.
Our two friends took us out to dinner tonight to celebrate my upcoming birthday and I ordered a huge salad with no croutons, with  tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers and grilled chicken on top, with EEVO and vinegar and I had ice water with lemons. They use fresh chicken and I think they must have put a marinade on it, because it gave me a stomachache....big time. I asked them not to grill the chicken with oil or butter, and it wasn't greasy, but was spicy.
Thank you girls again.
*love* waquin
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success. I know you will encourage many!
Yeah for this great way of eating!!!!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Waquin,

Your pre-birthday dinner out meal was certainly an LDL one.  It's too bad that you got a stomach ache, but I would imagine the next time you eat in that particular resturant you'll know to ask if the chicken is marinated.  Birthday wishes for another happy LDL year!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Congratulations, Waquin.  :D JF
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

WTG Waquin...

I am encouraged by your testimony and and sending my best wishes your way....

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

yay!!!!!!
Great job on the weight loss.. Dont you just love this woe?? I stated in a size 24 and now im just about in a size 12.. Im on the same thyroid med that you were on and your giving me such hope that ill come off of it in a few weeks.. I got for my fasting appt on the 20th to see about getting off my meds.. My last fasting appt my levels were normal.. So we shall see in a few weeks.. Keep up the good work!!!
Katie

James
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Isn't it so wonderful to find there really is something out there that will work for you?  I felt I'd be heavy for the rest of my life, but I am not heavy anymore. 

Waquin, you'll probably end up losing more weight than you set as your goal.  I am also small boned and stay between 125 and 130 lbs., (my goal was 135 lbs.) but I'm 5'7" and am in 4s and 6s -- but like you I started in 16s, though I was 175 lbs.  Also, don't forget to build up your muscle mass with some weight resistance exercising.  As we age, we lose 5-10% of our muscle mass a decade.  Muscle burns more calories than fat.  A lb. of muscle is 5 times more dense than a lb. of fat -- that means fat is 5 times the size of muscle. (I always say to imagine a pound of feathers and a pound of lead -- the feathers take up more space, like fat takes up more space.) You'll get into smaller sizes than the one you are in now.  It is just so amazing how our bodies can shrink while even staying the same weight. 

God bless you and I hope you had a happy birthday.  I know you did, wearing those smaller sizes.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Waquin,
You are so inspiring! I need to read stories like this to stay on track.  I also have to take Synthroid and am hopeful I can be taken off the drug one day. I have lost 9 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks and am in a state of awe.  I have tried every diet imaginable but somehow I knew in my heart that there was an eating plan that was going to work for me and this is it!!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Jencita -- Oh, you are doing so well!  You are going to love the LDL way of eating.  I felt like you -- hoping for something I could live with and that worked for me.  This is beyond my wildest dreams for a way of eating and staying slim.  I love the LDL way!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Crickadoodle,
Well somehow I managed to put 2 of those pounds back on.  I really have to stop weighing myself everyday. I was so excited to be 9 pounds down and now only 7 pounds down. Yes, I can eat this way the rest of my life. My cravings are virtually gone - although I have dreams of eating at a big buffet of every dessert immaginable. LOL. This is the  longest I have stayed on a diet in years!! I just love the support on this site.
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

I know this was a couple of months ago when posted but wow, great inspiration for me now reading it! How are you doing now into the New Year! :) Many blessings.
bingo

Post by bingo »

Hi Waquin , I was reading your testimony and you said that you were able to be taken off of synthroid... That is just wonderful...Hopefully I can do the same in the future. You are an inspiration ...Thanks