Back from cruise

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Back from cruise

Post by Joyful Friend »

Hello Board Friends, I still feel that I'm dreaming.  I ate bountiful, wonderful foods on the cruise, and came home the same size.  What a relief to eat, eat, eat, and not worry about weight gain.  All the others with me enjoyed sweets, sweets, sweets, fried foods, etc.  I had no cravings that I couldn't satisfy.  For dinner, there was usually eggplant or a vegetable entree fixed with light cheese, and of course delicious meat and fish varieties were available.  I usually used the veg for my extra along with a meat or fish.  I had mashed pumpkin fixed like mashed potatoes--sooo good.  It had added spices.  I also usually had three starters.  Then, when others were enjoying their lavish desserts, I was quite happy with my beautiful fruit plate.  At breakfast and lunch, there were great varieties.  (marinated beet dishes, grilled pineapple and apples) Every day, a couple new dishes to enjoy.  I enjoyed omelets and fresh fruit.  Thanks again, Roger, for my relief from food bondage.  I never want food cravings again.  I enjoyed wearing my size 6 and 8 clothes, and my endurance is so much greater.  We stayed two days in NYC at Times Square.  We asked the hotel lady for a good place to eat.  We had Cranberries' Deli right across the street.  It was a fantastic place.  Tables of fixed veggies--pea pods, green beans, squash, and the best fruit selection--The strawberries and watermelon were delicious; they had a variety of grilled meats.  It is not how much we eat, but food choices.  I know I am excited, but LDL is something to get excited about!!!  Bob Evans gift shop at Rio Grande, Ohio, has the LDL book for sale.  It's good to be HOME.  :D JF 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Back from cruise

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back, JF.  I know I will be able to issue the same report after my cruise later this month.  Like you said, it's not how much we eat, but the choices we make, and cruises sure do have choices!  I am so looking forward to the Ohio luncheon in less than two weeks!  Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

JF,
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

JF (Wanda),

I was wondering where you were -- I missed your sage advice.  So happy to hear your cruise was enjoyable and that you had such diverse food to choose from.  It sure must have been different eating the LDL way this time compared to your last cruise. I hope you had another picture taken this time of you and your husband to compare with that last picture that I saw of the two of you on a previous cruise. I know that you look years younger now *hug*.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- That's LDL in a nutshell!  Thanks!!  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, friends.  :laughing: :laughing: LDL makes eating an adventure in nutrition with great side effects.  JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

JF- Another great motto.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Pam.  :thumbsup: JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Joyful Friend, Where did you go on your cruise? Sounds like you took friends with you. Sounds like you had a great time. I have never been on a cruise, but would love to plan one sometime if it was to the right place and safe. So many bad things you read about happen on cruises and a lot not reported I hear. I know Montel Williams said he nor his kids would never go on a crusie. He had a show about that one time. So something to think about. I guess you just have to be careful. But they do sound fun and I know a lot of really nice food to choose from. Glad you had fun!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wither, I never went on a cruise either, but hope to one day.  I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise. 

Wanda, I didn't know you'd gone on another cruise.  At first, I was thinking someone pulled up the posts from the last time you went on a cruise.  Good for you!  I know you had a good time, because you are such a joyful person where ever you go.  If I ever get to go on a cruise, I believe that I would be happy to eat like you did on yours.  It sounds like you had interesting food choices that stayed in the boundaries of the LdL way of eating.  Yummy!  Love you!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Wither, cruises are so fun and usually it is a great bargain for what is included.  We flew in to NYC for two days, with a younger couple.  I had taught the lady in fourth grade years ago.  She is now retired.  It was their first trip to NYC and a cruise.  We are very particular on a cruise--very careful.  We are leery of hottubs, and we aren't party hard folks, although we have a lot of fun.  Fifty other seniors from my area were also on the cruise--they came to NYC for only the cruise on a bus.  Cruises are very relaxing for my husband--he doesn't  have to drive or even think about where to go eat.. Even the tips are already figured.  We have always enjoyed them.  On one cruise, a group of people from California adopted us to play cards and dominoes.  They were delightful people.  I have never felt afraid, but then, I don't invite problems.  My DH is usually with me or another lady. I don't even go to Walmart here in my town after dark by myself.  I am so grateful  for LDL.  On the last two cruises, I have not gained.  Always before, I would gain a size--7 to 11 lbs from sweets.  I have no desire to eat unhealthy foods.  God has blessed me so much through Roger's book.  I want to tell the world.  I saw so many people on the cruise who had health problems that I think were probably caused from their food choices.  I wanted to tell them about LDL, but I only did when an opportunity presented itself.  Wither, when you ask me a question, I rant on and on.  :laughing: :laughing:  *hug* JF
Thanks, Crick.  You are so similar to me when it comes to food.  When we can be satisfied with such bountiful, healthy foods, why eat unhealthy!  I know they taste wonderful, but have no cravings. I read your post after I finished.  The joy of the Lord is within us. Praises to Him.  *love*, JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Joyful Friend, I loved you ranting on. My son does the same thing when you ask him a question. Well, you get a good answer that's for sure. You summed it up very well.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome home Joyful friend. Glad you had such a wonderful time and that LDL wtih the enjoyement! what a great testimony to the staying power of this woe!!!!!!
hugs,
Bobbi
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, I appreciate the comments and understanding.  I worked hard today at Bob Evans Farm Festival.  I helped judge the craft booths.  I got a small token and a free meal. The smells of everything cooking tickled my nose.  I enjoyed some of the white beans that were cooked in big pots over an open fire.  It was a lovely day--high 70's.  I almost ate a piece of cornbread, but I prefer my cornbread in milk.  I had a grilled chicken breast and Cole slaw.  I went to the flea market yesterday.  I plan to go both places tomorrow.  My DH will be dipping ice cream in the Rotary booth.  :thumbsup:  :D JF