Has anyone lost 150 lbs on LDL?

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Demyldian
New, but learning

Has anyone lost 150 lbs on LDL?

Post by Demyldian »

Hello, all.  I've been away for the last year gaining weight.  I'm now at a critical stage in health, complete lack of energy and sleep apnea, and I must try again.  I'm a 50-year-old woman with 150 lbs to lose (I NEVER thought this would be my life).  Have some of you ladies lost that much on Let's Do Lunch?  I'm inspired by your stories.

-Demyldian
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: Has anyone lost 150 lbs on LDL?

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Demyldian
Welcome back!  LDL is so do-able and so easy.  I will be on this way of eating 1 yr in Nov. I have lost 98 lbs and plan on being down 100 or more by that anniversary.  I still have 100 lbs to lose after that and I am so looking forward to seeing it drop off in the next year.

As Roger says remember to eat until full all this wonderful LDL food.  There are hundreds of great recipes on the boards to choose from. 

I found doing a food journal on line has been one of my biggest motivators to stay eating the right foods.  I also know I have to plan ahead because if I get too hungry with no healthy foods around I will fall back into my old ways of just grabbing whatever I can find.

My health was really bad when I came to LDL and now I feel like a new woman with lots of energy and my aches and pains are gone.
I had really high blood pressure and was on 3 different pills and even that hadn't brought it under control.  Now I am down to 1/2 pill at night and that is all.  My blood pressure is nice and low and I hope soon to even go off of the half of a pill.  And all this at 55 yrs of age so I don't think age plays a part when losing weight on LDL it works for all who stay true to the plan.

I hope to see alot more of you on the boards giving us your good reports.
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Hey Demyldian, Ive lost 122 pounds so far since January.. Not quit 150 but im getting there..  :D :D Its kind of strange how this woe works.. I eat and eat and ive lost all that weight.. Just remember to stay full.. No matter what.. I ate a lot of smoothies for the first few months.. It really helped me get through sugar cravings.. If you have any questions or need a friend im here!!!
Katie

James
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome aboard! You have come to the right place. I have lost 37#s I thought I would never be able to loose. Keep reading the boards. They will encourage you. You can do this. It is the absolute best woe I have ever tried.
Success is build in.
hugs,
Bobbi
Rach_H

Post by Rach_H »

It is amazing. I've been lurking here a while, but i've learned so much. I lost over 20 pounds in just a few months by combinging it with a light exersie regeime. You've definatly come to the right place!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome, Rach_H- Isn't this the best?!  I look forward to hearing more from you!  Pam
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Katie,  Congrats on the 122 pounds!  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  Have you posted a before and during picture?  It sure would be great to see the difference.  I know what a difference 50 pounds have been for me.  Will we see you at the November 2011 Convention?

*hug*
Ginny
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Ginny,
Katie has posted her before, several during and her most recent after pics in the Gallery.

Demyldian,
Crickadoodle not only lost the weight she planned to loose but by staying on LDL she lost an additional 10lbs. for a total of something like 50lbs.
Here are her pictures:
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9209.0

Ollie has had a make-over also. Check out her pictures on page 14 here in here journal.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... c=8685.195

I have lost 51 this past year and I am nearly 60. I still have 55 more to go. My husband lost 85lbs got off his BP meds and stomach meds.
Lots of success stories here and we are so looking forward to hearing yours.
Last edited by LINDA RN on February 16th, 2011, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

These testimonials are such an encouragement to those of us who have been hanging around the edges without truly jumping in and getting wet with LDL.