Fountain Drink Addiction

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
granalin
New, but learning

Fountain Drink Addiction

Post by granalin »

I drink at least one regular 44 ounce Dr. Pepper fountain drink (not diet)  daily. I need help with suggestions of varieties of tea to drink in the place of this. I purchased KAL brand Pure Stevia Extract as well as Stevia Extract from Whole Food Market in natural vanilla flavor. I need to know how many tea bags or how much loose tea to brew plus how much Stevia to use. I know tea can be too strong, and Stevia can be too sweet; thus, I am open to suggestions. This is my first post so I am reaching out to you guys. Hope this post works!
Granalin
mroszczak1

Re: Fountain Drink Addiction

Post by mroszczak1 »

I only use the stevia powder and I use less than a teaspoon for a large cup of tea. It usually is just right and you can always add more. For loose tea I use a tablespoon for a larger cup but I dont like very strong. My store wegmans has a variety of loose teas, Im partial to the dark flavored ones.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

A Tbsp of loose tea brewed makes a half gallon for me. Kinda the flavor of sun tea
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Granalin -- I make iced tea all the time -- several gallons a week -- using the KAL stevia to sweeten.  This is what I've found to work well and be delicious.  I boil water and add 3 bags of Lipton family size tea with a hint of peach flavor.  (sometimes I get the hint of raspberry kind, but like the peach best) I add a small bag of green tea also, but I don't like the taste of green tea, so that's all I put.  It probably does nothing for us health wise, but I'm trying.  I let it steep in the pot for at least 5 minutes, sometimes lots longer, because I forget it. I put 5 heaping scoops (that itsy bitsy KAL scoop) of stevia in the one gallon pitcher I have.  Then I pour the tea I've steeped into the pitcher.  I fill the pitcher the rest of the way with water.  Finally, I let the pitcher sit on the counter for about 24 hours before I refrigerate.  Something about doing that makes it perfect.  Try it and see how you like it.  Everyone always loves my tea and can't believe it is sweetened with stevia!
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

Thanks for the reply from each new friend. I will try your tips and see how I do with tea.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks for the post Crickadoodle.  I'm going to try your tea recipe too.  It sounds really good.  Jerrie