GREEN SMOOTHIE

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
niki
Administrator

Re: GREEN SMOOTHIE

Post by niki »

graceface66 wrote:Hey Bookguy,
        Glad your back. I agree with you on produce prices.......they are horrible,but so is everything else lol.Luckily I can buy my beans bulk, it saves money that way (just have to remember to soak them.)Have a good day and don't be a stranger!
                     May G-d bless you
                        Kris

kris, we concur on ALL points...that produce prices are high(WHEN you can find what you want)although the way i look at it, it's the price of THIN..........i buy my beans in bulk.....dried beans......i ALSO have to remember to soak them....and i also agree that CHARLES shouldn't be a stranger....................
  do you have a Messianic background?.....G-d bless you, too........niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Niki
    We have been looking into our geneology and have done dna testing. We have many genetic hits that are Jewish.
    We believe my great grandmother was Jewish , but no-one in the family will admit it. Also have discovered recently that my husband is of Jewish descent. I mostly identify myself as Messianic ( I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was 7).
    I used to attend a Messianic congregation when I lived in Pittsburgh, but no such church available up here.
                        May G-d bless you
                                  Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hey kris..that's great...and between the two of you, your children have even more jewish blood in their veins....Baruch Hashem.......no,i'm not jewish by birth that i know of...just a gentile who worships the jewish Messiah.....might be a little jewish blood on my mother's side of the family....my maternal great grandparents' last name was serefas...it sounds sephardic and not really greek, but who knows?......i love Messianic music..i used to sing on the worship team of a very large Messianic congregation and still remember a LOT of the music we used to sing....i know the blessings and a lot of other stuff.....thanks to Mashiach, we were redeemed and the curse was broken for us regardless of the blood that flows in our veins and instead our lives are governed by the ruach(the very breath) of the Holy One of Israel..........i had stopped using that dash to signify that G-d is too holy to put His name down on paper......i think i will return to doing that....may the Holy One of Israel CONTINUE to bless you in all that you do.......................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
empyrean
New, but learning

Post by empyrean »

I have not officially switched to the LDL yet, but ordered the book. But I enthusiastically second the green smoothie!

My recipe is 2c of water, 1 handful each of 2 different greens (spinach, collard, kale, mustard, romaine lettuce, mixed lettuce greens,...), 2 different fruits (if using melon I estimate amount/size of large apple), and 1 handful of frozen fruit (I may experiment with freezing bananas to cover this part). I drink it all, but it can be split in half (shared) for those who can't drink as much. This is a fabulous way of getting water, fiber, and tons of vitamins.

You can hardly taste the spinach, so start with this green. Once used to the flavors, it's easy to exchange the spinach for other nutritious greens for vitamin variety.  I understand that if you add blueberries, the smoothie turns blue/purple, which may be easier for kids.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks for sharing Empyrean.  God Bless you and welcome to Let's Do Lunch!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage