Delicious Smoothie

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
imkay

Re: Delicious Smoothie

Post by imkay »

do you think i could used canned soy beans?  and i guess drain and rinse? i would love to have beans for breakfast!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
niki

Post by niki »

hi kay...i remember when mary first started posting recipes on the boards for soybeans...she had found dried ones AND canned ones.....absolutely,you can use canned soybeans.....and you have to try making a soybean stir fry...the last time i made it i used onions and red peppers....i didn't use enough tamari sauce so it didn't taste chinese enough...it came out the best the first time i made it....and i still haven't made it using fresh string beans..............i love let's do lunch cuisine..........niki   
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I may just have to try the smoothies this way....It wasnt me who said the stringbean comment I think it was Kay...I spent too many years as a child being called stringbean, Olive Oyl etc....was way too skinny then.  ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

If you use frozen soy beans, just remember that they Must be cooked first.  I nuke mine in a covered cereal bowl for about 2-1/2 minutes on high with just a dab of water in there to steam them. Easy and fast! nyK
imkay

Post by imkay »

ok i did it!
i put about 1/2 cup of canned soy beans in my smoothie this morning and tentatively took a sip...it was great!!!  could not tell the difference.  so now i'm getting spinach (thanks nyKath) and soy beans with my fruit for breakfast!! talk about complete. 

sigh... i love this place...
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Ah, love those green drinks and the nutrition that they supply! Bon appetit! :) nyK