How to "Smoothies"

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
Mike

How to "Smoothies"

Post by Mike »

Could someone please give me a couple of recipes for simple smoothies?  My wife and I are going to start fixing smoothies and are new to this process.  We would just like something sweet and simple. Thanks, Mike
Tori

Re: How to "Smoothies"

Post by Tori »

I made one today that was really yummy!

Ingredients:

1/2 can frozen pineapple chunks + juice from can of new pineapple chunks. (then freeze that pineapple! ;)) - Make sure pineapple is in 100% juice, no sugar added

1 can mandarin oranges, (no sugar added!)

1 frozen banana

2 cups frozen strawberries

1 TBSP vanilla

It comes out more like a tropical sorbet ... very thick. If you want to thin it down, you can add some orange juice or a little bit of non-fat milk. My hubby loved it! (:
jeandolleen

Post by jeandolleen »

Hi Mike,  this morning I put ice, pineapple & juice, strawberries, and banana, and splenda in blender.  It was absolutely wonderful.  enjoy
Mike

Post by Mike »

With the help of you guys, I have now made a whole variety of smoothies and we both really enjoy them. Thanks for the tips... Mike
selbaum

Post by selbaum »

Mike wrote:Could someone please give me a couple of recipes for simple smoothies?  My wife and I are going to start fixing smoothies and are new to this process.  We would just like something sweet and simple. Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike I Made this one today is't great!
1 Frozen bananna
2 Large Frozen pcs of watermelon
1 Large piece of not frozen watermelon
4 Frozen Strawberries
½ - ¾ Cup of O.J. Adjust for consistency
niki

Post by niki »

hi kay...that's excellent....good info on cinnamon....i take a lot of vitamins and i take some herbs but i wasn't aware of how valuable cinnamon was...i just checked the place i get my vitamins from to see what they have and they have a number of products....i have a friend at church who takes a lot of vitamins and she has ibs...i'm going to ask her tomorrow if she's ever taken cinnamon....it's funny because i bought celestial seasonings' tea called "tension tamer" and it has a very strong smell and taste of cimnamon and i didn't like it because of that.....but,now i'll put a little more effort into aquiring a taste for it.....i particularly like herbs and the fact that you can treat certain things...i take fennel when i have gas pain...it helps....and i had bought nettle leaf for my sinuses..that definitely helped..............first of all,some of the oldest meds in this country are from herbs.....and a lot of times,herbs are BETTER than meds....what did people do years ago?...they took herbs...sounds good to me.............
  blueberries were on sale for a dollar a basket,so i bought 10 and froze some....i freeze bananas when i buy a lot on sale and when i heat them up to eat them,i just put a little cinamon(actually a lot of cinnamon)...now i can make that bananas with blueberries with cinamon on top...thanks for the info..............niki
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Here're my favorite smoothies:

Frozen grapes with some non-frozen grapes on bottom to make the liquid

Same thing with pineapples. 

No need to add Stevia to these because they're sooooooo sweet all by themselves. 

I'm fixin' to have one any minute now.

Buttercup 8)
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Hope you like it, Roger Troy.

Sometimes I add 1/2 of a banana if I have one.

Do you think it's okay to use a little vanilla flavoring in smoothies?

Buttercup 8)
Tori

Post by Tori »

I made some smoothies and popcorn for my family tonight, and my son requested extra strawberries for his. So this is what I did:

1/2 cup 100% unsweetened orange juice in the bottom of blender
1 cup frozen pineapple
2 cups frozen strawberries
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup non-fat milk

These were very tasty!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

niki wrote:hi kay...that's excellent....good info on cinnamon....i take a lot of vitamins and i take some herbs but i wasn't aware of how valuable cinnamon was...i just checked the place i get my vitamins from to see what they have and they have a number of products....i have a friend at church who takes a lot of vitamins and she has ibs...i'm going to ask her tomorrow if she's ever taken cinnamon....it's funny because i bought celestial seasonings' tea called "tension tamer" and it has a very strong smell and taste of cimnamon and i didn't like it because of that.....but,now i'll put a little more effort into aquiring a taste for it.....i particularly like herbs and the fact that you can treat certain things...i take fennel when i have gas pain...it helps....and i had bought nettle leaf for my sinuses..that definitely helped..............first of all,some of the oldest meds in this country are from herbs.....and a lot of times,herbs are BETTER than meds....what did people do years ago?...they took herbs...sounds good to me.............
   blueberries were on sale for a dollar a basket,so i bought 10 and froze some....i freeze bananas when i buy a lot on sale and when i heat them up to eat them,i just put a little cinamon(actually a lot of cinnamon)...now i can make that bananas with blueberries with cinamon on top...thanks for the info..............niki

What is this nettle leaf for sinuses? What does it do, how do you use it, how much do you use, where do you get it?

Thanks in advance.

Gregg
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I'm glad to hear that about the vanilla

Buttercup
niki

Post by niki »

hi gregg....there are a number of herbs that i take for my sinuses....nettle leaf is one of them....i still need to take sudafed sometimes,but not nearly as much as i used to...you can get nettle leaf anyplace that sells vitamins...if you try anything else that works,let me know...niki