BANANA SOYNUT SHAKE

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
vikingprincess

Re: BANANA SOYNUT SHAKE

Post by vikingprincess »

:inlove:

Tired this and loved it! Thank you, thank you and thank you.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks for bringing this back to the top.  I forgot all about this shake.  I really did love it the times I made it. 
Debbie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

To all who read these boards.  I hope I dont offend anyone with my comments as they are just my opinions and should be taken as such but I tell ya what.......Im finding  that these message boards are becoming one big contradiction from the actual book.  Dont eat brown rice, eat brown rice, eat potatoes, dont eat potatoes, drink unsweetened soy milk, dont drink soy milk, eat bananas, dont eat bananas, dont eat oats, eat oats, dont drink skim milk, drink skim milk.  If I can barely keep up with all the modifications and Ive been coming here for years......how is a new person going to be able to follow this eating plan?  No wonder little Mary continually tries to keep everyone from creating questionable recipes and pushing the envelope.  It must be very frustrating to know that there is a plan out there that actually works and if people just stopped trying to modify it they could be done with their weight problems forever.  How much time has been wasted eating something that is going to stall your weightloss?  If I didnt already have a basic understanding I would have run for the hills by now.  K.I.S.S or as my tennis friends always say....Keep It Simple Stupid.  I still believe there is only one LETS DO LUNCH......and that would be the ACTUAL PLAN that Roger Troy USED to lose all the weight he wanted.  Anything else in my opinion is a modification and should be used as Roger has used for the past years as a MAINTENANCE plan.  The plan thats gonna WORK is the plan you can stick with until you lose all the weight you need to.  I'm still working that out but I have lost 11 lbs since January sixth. You wont see me posting menus or journaling because I dont need anyone commenting on the choices I make because I am taking it one day one meal at a time.  Believe me I have a long way to go still on breaking my addictions and coming to terms with leaving lots of my favorite dishes behind FOREVER.  I am thankful my husband has taken an interest in eating healthier and I have enjoyed the journey this time 100x's more with him being on board the train to skinny town for a change.  Without his cooperation it was next to impossible for me to do it on my own while watching him eat whatever he wanted.  I hope to be able to come back here in a few months and let you all know I reached my goal and can finally say I got off my a** and lost the weight I needed to.  I hope noone decides to delete this post because I am truly an example of someone here who has struggled to lose my weight.  I want people to know that you havent failed until you stop trying.  I am still here trying my best to get it right this time. 
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on February 9th, 2009, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

the truth, for me, is that i'm REALLY glad i came on board here and got the more original let's do lunch book that contained the basic plan...i looked at it, cut out ALL the occasional foods and THAT'S how i lost weight...the VERY basic plan.......and i STILL think it's great.......i have NO willpower so i really need this plan to be craving free....OTHERWISE all i think about is what i'm going to eat next......if i were coming on board now?.........i would eat this way eating brown rice and oats...i wouldn't lose weight and i'd walk away saying eating like this doesn't work.............. 
  when i've gone off, i come back eating really heavy protein...sausage and eggs....once, maybe twice to help me get back on track...i eat brown rice and oatmeal also because that really fills me up.....BUT, i DO NOT lose weight eating brown rice, oatmeal or ANY other grains.....once i'm craving free, i give all that stuff up.............
  my father's back in the hospital and i've been going back and forth to my brother's house and my own and have not been able to eat the right foods regularly...THIS TIME, what i said was that i would eat grains along with healthy stuff(one night we got falafel on pita bread)but i ate NO sugar...........
  when i was pregnant the first time, it was not a planned pregnancy and i was overweight(although thinner than i am now)and i have a history of diabetes in my family....i cut out all sugars and ate grains....i would eat bread.....other stuff....nothing really heavy or fried, though...........and i only gained 14 pounds for that pregnancy.................so, i applied that now and it's been pretty good.....now, i'm back home today and the last 2 days i ate chili with brown rice for dinner and fruit in the morning...some tortilla chips,(something i never eat when i'm strictly on ldl)but that was all.............now, i'm home for the next few days and i'll load up on fruit tomorrow morning and eat stricly let's do lunch.............
  so, i have found that grains don't give me cravings, but i DON'T lose weight........YES, for me that makes excellent maintenance...i wish i had realized this last year, that i could eat everything but sugar and maintain my weight....i kind of said, "i'm thinner than i've been for YEARS...i'll go off this christmas and enjoy myself"..........DIDN'T work.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Debbie & Niki - this is exactly the point I was trying to make on the baked potato thread.  I still think an additional chapter about how to use occasional foods, and listing what those are, and the potential risks of choosing to eat them would go a long way toward clearing up a LOT of confusion.  Having that chapter as a single source would answer everyone's questions at once, and not depend of newbies trying to decipher hundreds of diverse opinions. 

I believe Roger has the right idea about the need to adapt Let's Do Lunch to appeal to a larger crowd.  But please - please just keep the original plan in its original form, and move the occasional foods to a separate area, so the ones who want the express train to SKINNYTOWN will know exactly what to do to stay on it, and what to avoid.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage