HOT SMOOTHIES???

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
patsyfay
Master Member

HOT SMOOTHIES???

Post by patsyfay »

I really enjoy smoothies during the more temperate days, but in the dead of winter I always wish there was something hot to drink besides coffee and apple juice.  Is there such a thing as a HOT SMOOTHIE?  I saw the recipe for the warm banana breakfast and wondered about adding some tofu as it heated up and tossing it all in the blender.  Does anyone drink hot smoothies or can anyone give me some ideas?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Queenie
Administrator

Re: HOT SMOOTHIES???

Post by Queenie »

I've never had a hot one, but I have let mine get to room temperature before drinking it...  Not sure I would put the tofu in it, but that's just me...

I say, "TRY IT!" - nothing to lose, right?

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

patsyfay,

Just wanted to tell you that I like your quote!  Have not even had a cold smoothie.  I like my fruit whole.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks, Jeanne!  After surfing through a lot of the ideas and recipes on the site, and seeing a lot of ideas for pumpkin, I threw some things in my vita mix this am and came up with a filling, sweet, pumpkin thingy that made a lot and i could heat up.  I used a can of pumpkin, a can of drained navy beans, a can of packed it it's own juice pears, drained,  soy milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, splenda and water.  It was missing something.  I thought maybe some apple juice, but didn't try it.  I'll probably tweak it a little, but it is satisfying the way it is. I have enough to heat up for the next few chilly mornings.  God bless the lot of you!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi patsy,

Just wanted to throw an idea out here for you.  I have on more than one occassion, had either hot apples with IBINB spray and splenda and cinnamon for breakfast.  I've also eaten butternut squash for breakfast in stead of fruit.  I too, need something warm on these cold winter mornings.  Experiment!  Keep it LDL approved and you'll still lose weight.  I promise!

I'm not a big smoothie fan. I prefer whole fruit.  However, substituting a veggie like the butternut squash OR pumkin will also work.  Good luck and enjoy!

(In Faith)  Little Princess

All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks, Little Princess!

I do like fruit and usually have some every morning.  Today, my husband and I went through all of our cabinets and got rid of everything that was non-LDL.  I never thought I would go to such extremes, but I am determined.  Roger said in the book that it was a good idea to purge your home of temptation.  My husband is slim and trim, but he is very supportive.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Can we have butternut squash, acorn squash, etc.?  That would be great.  The hot apples sounds great, and so does the squash.  I love to roast veggies in the oven and squash is usually part of that.

Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on January 26th, 2007, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niki

Post by niki »

butternut squash..acorn squash.....spaghetti squash..there's something called dumpling squash(or something like that)..you can eat all that stuff.......niki
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Ahhhhh!  Things just got a whole lot better!  How's everyone "bean".  :D

Oh, that's awful, but I've been waiting to ask that!  Have a great day, y'all.

Pat

Tori

Post by Tori »

patsyfay wrote:How's everyone "bean".  :D

Oh, that's awful, but I've been waiting to ask that!  Have a great day, y'all.

Pat

LOL!!! Thanks for the giggle!

I love eating hot apples with cinnamon in the morning. I too, live in a cold climate, and some days I can't stand the thought of eating something cold. So, I use my Hot Apple breakfast recipe, and it's wonderful!
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=1445.0
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks for the hot apple recipe.  Will try it ASAP.  We're expecting an Alberta Clipper and some much colder weather here starting tomorrow afternoon.  Anything warm/hot is greatly appreciated.

Pat

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Patsy,

Yes you can eat all those squash to your lil hearts content.  :)

My apple recipe is simple too.  I slice up an apple or two, spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray on it, sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon.  It is YUMMMMMY!  Just experiment and try new things.  My friend likes this with raisins.  I don't like hot raisins so I leave em out.  There are tons of ideas on the boards.  I'm glad you asked this question.  Makes me go back over recipes etc.  Good Luck and keep us posted!  :)

Post by patsyfay »

Little Princess:
Thanks for the recipe.  I was looking at the I.M. Healthy Soynut Butter site and they had a Walking Salad recipe.  Cut an apple in half, scoop out the seeds, spread soynut butter in the indentation and sprinkle with raisins and chopped soynuts.  Eat while you walk!  Sounds like something good to take on a train, plane or automobile. 

God blessings on you and yours!

Pat

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

OOh! Thanks Pat! I'm gonna try it!
NJ
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

That does sound yummy!  Thanks!  :)