SLURPEE LDL

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
DEBBIEWEBE

SLURPEE LDL

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Guys,

Okay....I had to share my latest creation with you guys.  One of my favorite treats in the past was going to 7-11 and getting a half banana and half diet coke slurpee so this morning I took...........

1 fresh Banana
4 frozen strawberries
6-8 ice cubes
1 can diet rite 0 cherry cola
and whipped it up in the Vitamix.

This defineately is a healthier alternative for me to enjoy my morning soda.  I actually left half of it in the car while I played tennis and it was still good 2 hours later.  I might mention was snowing outside and 35* so I wouldnt recommend that in Florida or CA.  I'd say for an occassional treat this might hit the spot with your popcorn snack or for someone who was having trouble drinking regular smoothies and its totally LEGAL!!!! YEAH!!!!  I think the added banana/strawberry offset the cravings I normally get from the splenda and it saved me calories by not using orange juice. 
Ahhhhhh its good to be back. 
Love and God Bless
Debbie
P.S.  One and a half days back on LDL and someone at the tennis club asked me if I was losing weight lol  Too Funny!!!!  Jeanne I know I need help around the 20 day mark.  I just mentioned to Niki that I would be on vacation in AZ with the skinny girls from tennis when my day 20 gets here........doubtful I will be able to cheat knowing I have to stand next to toothpicks in my bathing suit!!! lol
God Bless
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: SLURPEE LDL

Post by Forever Young »

Hey Debbie,

Just think of how much smaller you are now than a year ago.  That should give you a boost in the arm to keep POSITIVE thoughts.  For years my baby sister was smaller than either of us other girls.  Then all of a sudden she seemed to blossom.  I think she was bigger than me when I first started LDL.  I haven't seen her since Feb. 20th at our other sisters funeral.  So, she will be surprised the next time she sees me up close.  Am anxiously waiting....

Another thing that I am doing is having hubby take my picture wearing the same outfit when I have lost more weight.  You would be surprised at what the 31 pounds did as far as looks goes!  I will make my own LDL scrapbook!

Keep on keeping on...and take whatever inspiration you need to get over your hurdle.  I know that you can do it!  God will certainly help you!!!  We are cheering you on...and routing for you, girl!

Love,

Jeanne 
Last edited by Anonymous on April 12th, 2007, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Hi Debbie!!!  Good to see you posting!!
Going to hijack this thread here.. you have a vitamix!  I was thinking of buying one. How hard is it to clean?
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi harley,
  I have a vita- mix. They are wonderful.,and not very hard to clean. Actually the rinse them selves. Be sure to buy the grain container also as you will use it to grind popcorn. Ours was bought to use for health needs of two other family members. Now I use it for everything.  I hope you decide to buy one for it will be a good investment.

judie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Sandy,
Yes its good to be back!!!  Only on third day and Im feeling 100% better.  The vitamix is awesome.  I bought it after Christmas at Costco.  They dont sell them all the time but the guy with the traveling road show was there.  I had stood and watched him a couple times prior but didnt want to spend the money.  At the time I was trying to keep myself interested in smoothies!!! lol  I was telling Little Mary in some posts a while back that I like the way it blends the ice better than a regular blender.  Its has a very creamy texture when its done.  And the fruit...grapes, blueberrys etc are completely blended...no little pieces of fruit skin floating around.....YUM!!!  I cant remember how much I paid, I know I posted it when I purchased it.  Costco was the cheapest I found.  I'll let you know if I see the guy again.  Im pretty sure you can go to Costcos website and they will tell you what store he's at and what week.  Im pretty sure he's somewhere all the time.  Its almost time to start riding again huh?  Soon some Sunday afternoon we'll have to get the "Mike's" out and go for a nice ride!!!! Maybe by end of summer we'll be pulling out the leather shorts and bikini tops lol!!!!
Love
Debbie
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I have been out riding once.  A couple of weeks ago it was like 80 degrees.  Since then you know what has happened to the weather!! yikes!!
I will check out Vitamix on ebay too..
This summer maybe we can meet up on the bikes and go for a ride!  woohoo!!
Been 6 months for me on LDL.. 50lbs lost..  30 to go..  :0)
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I'd be leery to buy a used one though, theyre expensive but they have like a 10 year warrenty if you buy a new one. 
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Sandy,
What an awesome report...50 down...and only 30 to go...CONGRATULATIONS!  You will make it girl!

Debbie,
It is so good to hear from you and see you posting again.  Yes, you should be feeling better again.  LDL is the only RIGHT way to eat!!  I don't know why we cheat...but we just do.  Could it be just old habits are hard to break?  Love you too, girl...and you will make it girl...just keep on keeping on....

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Thanks Jeanne!  I love eating LDL way!  I love the fact I don't feel deprived !!  I just don't want the bad foods any more!!  I am having so much fun and feel great!!
Sandy
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

is a blender strong enough for all these smoothies or do I need to get a juicer?  Or is a juicer a whole different thing.  I do have a small food processor if that would work
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Wendy,

I make my smoothies in an ordinary blender that I have had for years.  The blender takes a little longer to get the consistency I like (thick), but it is well worth the extra time.  I can't afford a Vitamix, but have just purchased a Magic Bullet at Walmart and will be trying that out for my smoothies.

Vicki
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Wendy.

Most juicers aren't useful for making smoothies -- they just process the juice out of fruits and vegetables and separate it from the fiber. Not your best choice for LDL -- use the whole foods whenever possible. I use a blender or food processor for smoothies and fruit "sorbet". The sorbet is just frozen fruit chunks with enough fresh fruit to keep the mixture moving in the blender or food processor. No juices added, or very little. It is thick like ice cream, and makes you feel like you've really indulged, but it's just fruit!

You are gonna love the LDL lifestyle -- so many tasty options!

Terri
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Thanks Terri
I had a rough day being my first day.  I really kept thinking I was just hungry but it was more like a sick feeling all day.  I ended up with a head ache tonight and I hardly ever get head aches.  I am wondering if I need to eat more protein at noon if this would help.  The fruit smoothie doesn't seem to be very filling and seems to leave quickly.  I am thinking tomorrow I may try the eggs and beans in the morning.  I am not sure how to ask this nicely but does the system get used to all the beans and fruit and not be so gassy.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Wendy and welcome to LDL! 

Yes, you do get used to the beans. Try some Beano if you like and also remember to rinse the beans like crazy if you are u sing the canned variety - that's what I use.

The sick headache is probably due to your body getting rid of the toxins you have built up by poor food choices of the past. It is called the  Herxheimer Reaction.  Here is a post from Mary from a while back that explains it. Hang in there bc you will feel so good in the next couple of days - you won;t believe it. If it persists then please see your doctor. Julie :rose:
« on: May 22, 2009, 07:30:36 AM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people feel the healthy benefits of eating the Let's Do Lunch way straight away.  However, some newbies scratch their heads in confusion, because they temporarily for a couple of days feel worse instead of better.  It's your body fighting against the healthy change!  There's a medical name for this condition.  It's called the Herxheimer Reaction.  Let me give you a brief explanation I found about it......

Is it ever good to feel bad? In some cases, yes. When you start a new treatment for an illness, your symptoms might increase at first, leaving you wondering if you're really getting healthier at all. This is called a Herxheimer reaction. This is the "die-off" effect that many people experience when they dramatically improve their diet and lifestyles. It is an allergic response to the toxic by-products produced when the body's pH is changed for the better. When this happens, large numbers of dangerous bacteria and yeast organisms die and leave the body.
During this period, you won't feel very well, but in reality, you are responding positively to treatment. After this initial detoxification period, you should see significant improvement of your symptoms.

Helpful hint:  Whether you're detoxing from your unhealthy eating habits or just fighting a cold, there's one substance that can help speed you to wellness: Water. Drink lots of it to help flush all those unhealthy toxins from your body.

Once your body gets over the shock to its system, you will never look back.  Welcome to the start of your new life!

Best regards,

Mary
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Thank you Julie
I have made it 1 day! So I am on my way to better health and a smaller me.
Thanks for all your help.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go, Wendy.  You will feel better and better with LDL.  Pam
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

Hello, I have been on the plan now for 11 days

For the first three days I experience headaches, but eventually they went away.  Now I feel better.  I am now afraid to put something bad into my mouth.  I really want this to work.  I do not feel tired.  I acutally have energy all day long.  I take sleep medication and I am noticing that it does not take long for the medication to an effect on my body.  I think eventually I might have to stop them.  If so, that would be a testimony.  I started taking the medication because of menopause.  (really bad case of it)  I am sleeping much better and not waking up as much during the night.  I used to wake up even after taking the medication.  This WOE is wonderful and I am excited to see my results after one month.  Also I went to a nutritionist about three years ago.  Her focus was holistic health.  Well I feel much better after one week on LDL than I did on her plan and I spent a lot of money.  Thank God I did not have to do that again. 

As for the beans, it gets better.  My first day my stomach was spinning, but now I dont have that problem. It gets better.

wendysgoodnews, hang in there

Blessings
God's temple
Carole H
New, but learning

Post by Carole H »

DEBBIEBEBE, About your "Slurpee," Where did you find Diet Rite 0 Cherry Cola. Or was that a misprint for 0 calorie cola?  I love Diet Rite and can find Tangerine & White Grape, but think I would enjoy a cherry cola.  Used to really like the cherry colas made at the fountain at a drug store during my teens, many moons ago.  Blessings.........Carole
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.  I woke up this morning feeling ready to go.  I am waiting until 10 to eat so I can eat a late lunch.  I made chicken Corn chowder last night so my husband could take it to work with him.  I have figured out that this is a plan ahead eating program.  I don't want to be caught without something made ahead.
I can hardly wait for my book to arrive so I can feel more informed about what to eat. 
I must thank everyone who wrote me about grapefruit and medications.  I called my drug store this morning and found out since my husband takes Tegretol and I take a certain type of blood pressure medicine we are not supposed to be eating grapefruit.