New Yummy Teas Ive found

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
DEBBIEWEBE

New Yummy Teas Ive found

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Speaking of england and queen elizabeth aka bean queen.....Ive given up diet coke for the week.  Ive switched to hot tea its been so cold here.  My neice told me to stop drinking coffee too but tea is supposedly okay.  Just thought it was weird but my rings are all loose now.  Must be the salt in the soda or something. I think you all should try this if you can find it.  Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile.  It is very yummy.  I also found one that was called Chocolate Caramel Enchantment by the same company.  I have found lately that when I find myself WANTING SOMETHING but Im not hungry....if I make myself a nice warm cup of tea it sort of satisfies that need without eating something.  If that doesnt work then I know Im really just hungry and to go ahead and eat.
God Bless
Debbie
niki
Administrator

Re: New Yummy Teas Ive found

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:Speaking of england and queen elizabeth aka bean queen.....Ive given up diet coke for the week.  Ive switched to hot tea its been so cold here. 

Just thought it was weird but my rings are all loose now.  

I have found lately that when I find myself WANTING SOMETHING but Im not hungry....if I make myself a nice warm cup of tea it sort of satisfies that need without eating something.  If that doesnt work then I know Im really just hungry and to go ahead and eat.

EXCELLENT idea and VERY good logic......the first thing i did when it started to cool off was start drinking tea again.....and that's also perfect logic to drink something first because it is SO true that sometimes you're really thirsty and NOT hungry and your body doesn't realize it.....and thanks for the idea, i'm going to start drinking more than i have been....one thing, make sure you check the ingredients of those teas...they might say they're calorie free, but they might have small amounts of some things that won't be helpful......good going, deb..................niki 
Last edited by niki on October 11th, 2007, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Yes, Debbie, the Caramel tea is great!  I also am a tea drinker...either hot or cold.  My company has been buying the diet teas for us for about a year or so now.  We drink way more of it than pop and that was not always the case.  At home I drink more HOT tea and I drink more cold tea at work as it is in the break room.

Mom had a ceramic electric tea pot and I took it when she offered it.  She was trying to get rid of it...and I knew that it was something I would use...and I do use it.

Thanks for the reminder. 

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Sure thing Roger

Mind you these are not ready made teas....these are tea bags that I brew myself and add my own slenda.  I never really looked at the ingredients and now I see a few questionable things but the nutritional facts on both packages say:

Calories 0
Fat 0
Sodium 0
carbs 0
Protein 0
Sugar 0

Roger I would also like to mention Ive been drinking these since Monday and they have not caused me to have any cravings and like I said earlier my rings are all spinning around on my fingers so they have not caused me to gain weight either.  I look forward to hearing what you think regarding the ingredients but I'll probably continue to drink them regardless since nutritionally they seem harmless.  I've been making a huge 16 oz mug to which I add one green tea bag along with one of the flavored variety and like I said I have really enjoyed them.  I am a VERY POOR water drinker and I think this is helping me get more fluids in for the day.

The Honey Vanilla Chamolmile:

Chamolmile, orange peel, natural honey vanilla flavor with other natural flavors, licorice, roasted chicory, and lemon grass

Chocaolate Caramel Enchantment

black tea,roasted carob, cinnamon,chocolate and caramel flavors,
ginger, roasted chicory,cloves,cardamom, cocoa,nutmeg, black pepper,and chinese star anise

God Bless
Debbie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

debbie....the chamomile one is only a little questionable, but i would finish the other one and not buy any more.....you know, you've been ok so far but you don't want anything to backfire on you....it doesn't show up as cravings initially, just more hunger......niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks Niki I would have thought it was the other one,not the chamolmile that would have been in question.  Good to know.  Too bad cause I really like the honey vanilla one better.
Debbie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:Thanks Niki I would have thought it was the other one,not the chamolmile that would have been in question.  Good to know.  Too bad cause I really like the honey vanilla one better.
Debbie

oh no...what i meant is that the chamomile one is a LITTLE in question and the OTHER one is a LOT in question.....even the honey thing that we can have occasionally, i never do....i do fine with all the stuff we can have unlimited amounts of, so why even bother with the stuff we have to limit?........but again, that's me....i don't lose easily so that's what i do.....i think it's good for everyone to know what i do.....especially the women......because, if someone finds themselves NOT losing, they'll know what to get rid of first...........
  celestial seasonings makes SO many herbal teas that are GREAT....i think the regular chamomile is DELICIOUS(AND you can also use it as a hair rinse to make your hair shiny).....get rid of the chocolate one and if you really like this chamomile one, have it once in a while...but, if i were you, i would gradually go over to the regular chamomile....this way you can drink gallons of it with no problem....
  when you see 0 calories on something but see ingredients that you KNOW have calories, you know that they're stretching the laws as much as they can to sneak in stuff to make their product better...THAT alone, i HATE...they're taking advantage of all those people who struggle to lose weight(NOT let's do lunchers....WE don't struggle)that will pay anything to accomplish that purpose.....when they say "natural flavors"?...that's another red flag..................
  so don't mess around with the success you're having, deb.....experiment with their other classic teas that are delicious...try sleepy time......maybe it'll help you get to bed earlier....haha.........niki       
Last edited by niki on October 12th, 2007, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.