Refreshing summer Tea

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
MaryBeth
New, but learning

Refreshing summer Tea

Post by MaryBeth »

Hello All...

I know I haven't posted for a while, but thought maybe a new summer tea would be worth breaking the silence.. :D. I did come up with this.  I apologize ahead of time to food police if there is any unauthorized ingredients,  ;)though I don't think there is ...
'
I make this up by the gallon

4 family size decaf black tea / orange pekoe bags
3-4 green tea bags
2 dandelion tea bags (opt)
2-3 Raspberry zinger tea bags

Put teas in 4 cup glass measure container add water to about 3 cup mark..Microwave 5 min.. (if you are not a microwaver, simmer on stove top as you would for making iced tea)

Add 1 unsweeted lemonade packet to jug or tea container  add about 5-6 ice cubes and shake to blend the lemonade mix, then pour in hot teas... (not the bags..LOL) use the measure cup with tea bags to fill with water to pour in the gallon jug....that way you are getting the most of your tea bags...... fill the gallon jug and chill... serve over ice.  (I make this a little on the strong side only because we are big ice people and serve everything over ice ) I sweeten my tea with stevia to taste.  This was fabulous in helping me cut the soda / cola cravings

MaryBeth
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Refreshing summer Tea

Post by EnJae »

Looks Good! Thank you for posting it!
NJ
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Can I ask where you get your dandelion tea bags?  I never knew such a thing existed.  I've got to get out more!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

MaryBeth
New, but learning

Post by MaryBeth »

I found mine at our local health food store in Winston Salem, NC... they have a wide variety of teas and other things

MaryBeth
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Pat,
I bet you could order it online since you don't have a nearby health food store.
NJ
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Marybeth - Your process is almost identical to how I make my tea!!  I DO do a few things differently. 

Instead of the no-sugar lemonade, I use splenda.  I use a funnel and put 2/3 of a cup into a 2½ quart plastic bottle (I re-cycle my OJ bottles - just a few times, as it's not good to continue to re-use plastic bottles).  I steep the tea enough times to make a gallon of ice tea.  When the gallon bottle is full, I pour it into equal portions in two of the empty OJ bottles.

When I make tea, I make 4-5 gallons at a time - it lasts all week for both of us - and we've not had months and months!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
MaryBeth
New, but learning

Post by MaryBeth »

I always knew great minds think alike  ;)

MaryBeth