New to Let's Do Lunch

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
mvguthk

New to Let's Do Lunch

Post by mvguthk »

Hi,
I have been on the Let's Do Lunch eating plan for two weeks.  I lost 4 pounds the first week and 3 pounds the second week (I can't just weigh once per month as recommended).  I need to lose about 70 pounds so have a long way to go.  I am just so excited to finally have something that isn't hard to follow and works.  I hope I don't get tired of bean soup.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: New to Let's Do Lunch

Post by EnJae »

Welcome mvguthk;

I'm not sure how your intro ended up in the Recipes; sorry about that.
Do you have the book?
How did you hear about Let's Do Lunch (LDL)?

If you want to you can go to the Journal section and start your own food journal.
I know what you mean about wanting to weigh more often. But keep in mind, if you begin to get discouraged later just hide your scale for a while and keep eating healthy. You'll lose weight here.

Again, welcome!
NJ
gander

Post by gander »

Hello everyone this is my first post. I get excited to weigh myself too. I am having trouble finding the actual recipes that are talked about on the board. Any Ideas?  :sad:
gander
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Welcome mvguthk and gander!

Gander, near the top of the page find the word *home* and click on to that.
On the home page scroll down to the Recipes, Ideas, & Methods section for all kinds of recipes for all your meals.
Enjoy!
mrsj
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love*  Am so new that I still squeak.. I am waiting for the book and hope to start as we speak, or at least work towards that end and when I get my book, I will really be prepared. Till then I will come back and read info on the message boards.

Thank you and congrats to all the losers and the beginners like me.

Kathie in Fl. :inlove:

[
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Kathie,

Where in Florida do you live?  I live in Sanford, just north of Orlando?

RB Kayaking
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Hi RB.. I live in Ft Myers area..
Kathie in Fl.
[
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

Hi Gander,

I am a newbie as well.  This is a great program. You will be happy you did.

Blessings,

Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

knighte

Post by knighte »

Hi everyone. I bought my copy of LDL on vacation in Missouri. Love the plan and the fact that I do not crave sweets, junk food, ect. Still in the process of reading the chapters 3 times. I am very excited about this program. :)
P
E
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome
So happy to have you on board with us.
I have been on LDL for just over a year and I still love it.  There are lots of recipes on the boards to keep you from getting bored with the same foods all the time.
Just do as the Lord showed Roger and you will be successful.
Ask lots of questions and someone will help you out
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome to the boards, knighte. You will love this plan and you will love the results even more. Nearly everyone here has tried numerous other diets, pills, & plans and it seems this is the one we can all do for life!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

welcome, knighte!!! You are going to love this way of eating. I've been doing it for 14 months and I don't consider it a diet. I think of it as a wonderful way of living that I plan to do the rest of my life!!!

Many blessings,
Ollie (who is eating LDL crustless pumpkin pie right now!!)
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Knighte, Welcome!!!  It's a great way to eat for health, to get rid of cravings, and to loose weight.  I have been eating LDl foods  for over 11/2 yrs.  It is the greatest, and I've tried other diets, but this is a way of eating for life.  I am at goal, and I've maintained for six months.  It is real easy and satisfying.  I took off 60 pounds and dropped from size 18 to size 6 and 8.  If you have questions, please ask.  There is an excellent group of supporters on the boards.  I've learned a whole lot about healthy habits from them.  :D  JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Knighte- It's great having a newbie on board this very challenging time of year.  Just think, this may be the first year of your adult life that you lose rather than gain over the holidays.  You will love this way of eating and the wonderful results.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Knighte, you are going to love it.  Stick with it, because if you are like me it is the only thing that works.  I don't feel deprived and I am able to maintain my good weight -- it'll be a year before I know it that I've been this new slender me!  When I occassionally eat off plan, it is so easy to get right back to eating the way I know is best.  I have never maintained weight loss like this before.  I've lost before, but within a month or so of the goal weight, I started gaining back.  It really will be a year soon that I've kept it off.  What a milestone for me!
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

I also am new to LDL. I want to thanks to folks who give tips for newbies regarding where to find things and suggestions for things to try.