Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to Let's Do Lunch

Hi,
I have been on the Let's Do Lunch eating plan for two weeks.  I lost 4 pounds the first week and 3 pounds the second week (I can't just weigh once per month as recommended).  I need to lose about 70 pounds so have a long way to go.  I am just so excited to finally have something that isn't hard to follow and works.  I hope I don't get tired of bean soup.

Profile Send private message  

Welcome mvguthk;

I'm not sure how your intro ended up in the Recipes; sorry about that.
Do you have the book?
How did you hear about Let's Do Lunch (LDL)?

If you want to you can go to the Journal section and start your own food journal.
I know what you mean about wanting to weigh more often. But keep in mind, if you begin to get discouraged later just hide your scale for a while and keep eating healthy. You'll lose weight here.

Again, welcome!
NJ

Welcome mvguthk. There's a lot more to Let's Do Lunch than bean soup, and I know you know that. However, you are setting yourself up for disappointment! There is going to come a day that you will weight 8 pounds more than you did the day before, and when that happens you are probably going to blow it...but don't worry about it, because your body is in transition and water-weight will cause huge fluctuations in what you scale says. Also, you are going to hit plateaus that you just have to TRUST are temporary. That is why I say to NOT get on your scale. If your scale tempts you, then GET RID OF IT! Give it to a realative to keep for you, until your clothes start to fit looser.

Please read Chapters 2 thru 6 at least 3 times through, in order to pick up on everything you need to remember. And, please eat until you are full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories you consume...even if you start be eating 10,000 calories a day. You HAVE to TRUST that your body will FORCE you to become less hungry with each passing day, and therefore you will start to eat less and less and lose weight.

Also, please go to the Success Stories message board and post a New Topic as to what you think of Let's Do Lunch. This will inspire newbies to start the plan.

God bless and enjoy!

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Hello everyone this is my first post. I get excited to weigh myself too. I am having trouble finding the actual recipes that are talked about on the board. Any Ideas?  :sad:
gander

Welcome mvguthk and gander!

Gander, near the top of the page find the word *home* and click on to that.
On the home page scroll down to the Recipes, Ideas, & Methods section for all kinds of recipes for all your meals.
Enjoy!
mrsj

*love*  Am so new that I still squeak.. I am waiting for the book and hope to start as we speak, or at least work towards that end and when I get my book, I will really be prepared. Till then I will come back and read info on the message boards.

Thank you and congrats to all the losers and the beginners like me.

Kathie in Fl. :inlove:

Kathie,

Where in Florida do you live?  I live in Sanford, just north of Orlando?

RB Kayaking

Hi RB.. I live in Ft Myers area..
Kathie in Fl.

Hi Gander,

I am a newbie as well.  This is a great program. You will be happy you did.

Blessings,

Halo

Hi everyone. I bought my copy of LDL on vacation in Missouri. Love the plan and the fact that I do not crave sweets, junk food, ect. Still in the process of reading the chapters 3 times. I am very excited about this program. :)

Welcome
So happy to have you on board with us.
I have been on LDL for just over a year and I still love it.  There are lots of recipes on the boards to keep you from getting bored with the same foods all the time.
Just do as the Lord showed Roger and you will be successful.
Ask lots of questions and someone will help you out

Welcome knighte! The next printing of Let's Do Lunch will say:

Just eat Let's Do Lunch foods and/or recipes until you are full whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories you consume...and you WILL lose all the weight you want!

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Welcome to the boards, knighte. You will love this plan and you will love the results even more. Nearly everyone here has tried numerous other diets, pills, & plans and it seems this is the one we can all do for life!

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

welcome, knighte!!! You are going to love this way of eating. I've been doing it for 14 months and I don't consider it a diet. I think of it as a wonderful way of living that I plan to do the rest of my life!!!

Many blessings,
Ollie (who is eating LDL crustless pumpkin pie right now!!)

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

Knighte, Welcome!!!  It's a great way to eat for health, to get rid of cravings, and to loose weight.  I have been eating LDl foods  for over 11/2 yrs.  It is the greatest, and I've tried other diets, but this is a way of eating for life.  I am at goal, and I've maintained for six months.  It is real easy and satisfying.  I took off 60 pounds and dropped from size 18 to size 6 and 8.  If you have questions, please ask.  There is an excellent group of supporters on the boards.  I've learned a whole lot about healthy habits from them.  :D  JF

Knighte- It's great having a newbie on board this very challenging time of year.  Just think, this may be the first year of your adult life that you lose rather than gain over the holidays.  You will love this way of eating and the wonderful results.  Pam

Knighte, you are going to love it.  Stick with it, because if you are like me it is the only thing that works.  I don't feel deprived and I am able to maintain my good weight -- it'll be a year before I know it that I've been this new slender me!  When I occassionally eat off plan, it is so easy to get right back to eating the way I know is best.  I have never maintained weight loss like this before.  I've lost before, but within a month or so of the goal weight, I started gaining back.  It really will be a year soon that I've kept it off.  What a milestone for me!

I also am new to LDL. I want to thanks to folks who give tips for newbies regarding where to find things and suggestions for things to try.

On behalf of all Let's Do Lunchers who are here to help our Father and Jesus in Heaven bless others with Let's Do Lunch, thanks for the kind words, granalin.

RT