V-8 Juice made from scratch

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
EnJae
Master Member

Re: V-8 Juice made from scratch

Post by EnJae »

Little Mary;

Could I ask you to be more specific about the tomatoes? There's a big difference in size between cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, and big ol' round tomatoes. What kind of tomatoes did you use?
dakotagirl

Post by dakotagirl »

I have made homemade V8 when I have fresh garden produce in the summer and either frozen or put in jars and processed in a boiling water bath to enjoy through the winter.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

*woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Thank you Little Mary ;D, so much for the recipe and the humorous bandying between you and Roger *woot*, I will have to say I love my Vita-Mix. :D  :D :thumbsup:

Jim wanted the V8 recipe because of the high sodium content plus it's made from concentrate.

LV
Marie
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

LOL!

I'm getting a new Vita-Mix!!!!  I blew the motor on my 20yo 2nd hand model a few weeks ago and they will give me a $75 credit for the broken one (only spent $90 on it).  Dh said I could have "any tax refund $ above a certain amount" (because I am our tax accountant)...sooo, about $400 is going toward one of these and the rest toward books (which will probably include a shiny new red LDL one).

Now, I will go back to Lurksville a while longer as I'm feeling a bit tact challenged right now for lack of sleep.

Blessings,
Julie

Ps I will try the V-8 recipe...thanks for the recipe!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

:cool:  ahh....humm.... My birthday is August 5th - just in case anyone is giving away a VitaMix  *woot*
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

I can see me now...on Aug 5th....whipping up lots of LDL food with my new VitaMix....ahhhh...HEY, I'm dreaming, don't anybody wake me up  ;D  ;D
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

marysimmons wrote:.....Roger, I think your Magic Bullet is too small to make this recipe with unless you cut down the ingredient quantities quite a bit.  Tell Anita she needs to invest in a Vita-Mix blender.  She'll ...Juicer machines can be cheaper. 

Jumping in here late, but enjoying the banter immensely.  I'll bet a dollar that Roger springs for a new VitaMix for Sweet Neets in the next couple of months.

Just thought I'd point out the obvious...Some juicers can be cheaper, but they remove a lot of the insoluable veggie fiber that you would be consuming if you blended the whole thing.  I've seen the juicer infomercials where they add the solids back into spaghetti sauce, etc. but ... yuck. :poo:

Loves, Gwennie
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage