Pumpkin Smoothie

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
Tamra09
New, but learning

Pumpkin Smoothie

Post by Tamra09 »

I just created a yummy pumpkin smoothie.  I love pumpkin spice lattes and frappuccinos from Starbucks but, obviously, they aren't any good for you. 

Here is an LDL alternative:

2 TBS Canned Pumpkin (I used Libby's all natural; fresh is even better, I'm sure)

1 Banana

A handful of pineapple chunks and a splash of the juice (I used Dole's Pineapple in it's own juice)

1/4 cup of orange juice (I used Tropicana, not from concentrate)

Few ice cubes

Pinch or two of pumpkin pie spice (optional)

Blend all ingredients.  I used my Magic Bullet but, of course, a traditional blender will work just as well. 
I think it is very good.  The pumpkin flavor is there but it's subtle.  If you try it, please let me know what you think.  Enjoy!!!
nho45
New, but learning

Re: Pumpkin Smoothie

Post by nho45 »

Wow!  I can't wait to try this!  I was just yesterday looking for some pumpkin recipes.  I love pumpkin anything. 

Now I have one for you to try.  I love chocolate dipped strawberries & since the strawberries are so good right now, I was having a huge craving.  So I halved my strawberries over about a half cup of low fat frozen yogurt & let it melt.  I swear it's as good as the real thing!

If you get any other wonderful ideas, pass them on!
Tamra09
New, but learning

Post by Tamra09 »

The strawberries and frozen yogurt sounds yummy!  Thank you for the idea.  I hope you enjoy the pumpkin smoothie. 
nho45
New, but learning

Post by nho45 »

Hey I see that we both have 1 star & 20 posts.  We'll figure this out together.
GrammyBlue

Post by GrammyBlue »

Please try Patsy's hot pumpkin smoothie! It is delicious and so filling, if you like pumpkin. It stays with me forever! Also, be careful with the nonfat frozen yogurt. It is not LDL friendly and could spike those sugar cravings. Have a blessed weekend.
Hugs,
GrammyBlue
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

OMG My spaghetti sauce on green beans is so going to love this - she loves Pumpkin anything, especially Culvers concrete mixers in November!!!!  Go Donaamae.  *hug* Lynda
julesy
New, but learning

Post by julesy »

mmm.. definitely trying this one!
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

TO: nh045 and Tamra09

Roger says that use can use Dannon or Edy's light frozen or fat-free frozen, but do not make a habit of having it all the time -- once in a blue moon is enough.

Also, if you love to dip your strawberries in chocolate, try dipping them in the following (the recipe is on the boards):

CHOCOLATE LIKE DIPPING SAUCE

1-1/2 c. raisins
1/4 c. water
1 t. cinnamon
6 Stevia pkgs (or sweeten to taste with Splenda)
1 T. Smart Balance Light Margarine (or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light)

Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process as smooth as possible (a little lumpy is ok).  Refrigerate until ready to use.