Butterscotch pumpkin Pie

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Butterscotch pumpkin Pie

Post by Zesti »

BreeBree, yes this would be an occasional treat. If you have having sugar cravings now, eat as much fruit as your tummy can hold. When I crave sweets now, and I am a Newbie too! I eat corn and bowls of it until the craving goes away. I am not concerned with consuming to many calories. I add beans and corn to almost everything I eat. They keep the sugar cravings away.
LittlePrincess told to me to eat roasted soy nuts with golden raisins. That REALLY worked. I was a chocolate addict. Now, I don't even think of it. BUT!! I always keep that on hand just in case.
The days when I am not eating beans or corn I will crave sweets. Sometimes I am eating fruit with a fruit smoothie. I am down 20 pounds now and have a long way to go. Now, I am confident that I will make it and stay on this WOE.
Eating the LDL way is also trying our best not to eat processed foods. Pudding in a box ( almost anything in a box) is processed food. Splenda is a processed sugar. Maybe it's activating these sugar cravings of yours. Everyone is different.
At fist. I strayed very little from the book and still I don't get far from it. I have read it over and over at least 10 times in the last 2 months. I couldn't believe eating all that fruit, which was sugar to me at the time (and not very sweet at that) would work. But it does. I now eat a bowl of fruit for breakfast and don't think about sugar all day long. I always have beans in my salads or corn. Grilled corn is my favorite and now that summer is here. I always have plenty of it in my fridge. I can, and do, eat this until it come out my ears. We bbq. My DH has a steak with one ear of corn. I only eat protein at night, so I just eat the grilled corn and about 4 ears of it too! Just sprayed with evoo or plain with salt. Whatever I am in the mood for. On nights like this. I don't even have my fruit smoothie before I go to bed. I just don't want anything. I am satisfied.
I didn't want to substitute my sweet cravings for other sweets. I wanted to get rid of the cravings. Eating fruit did it for me. I had to eat lots and lots of it in the beginning, just like the book says, but it worked. I don't have to eat as much now. the science of it is in the book and it works.
I just have a smoothie now and I am good to go. You don't know me, but for me. That is truly a miracle.
I hope this helps..
Zesti
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

BreeBree,

Wendy used to use a lot of sugar-free pudding mixes for deserts.
To me they are processed and I am not a fan of splenda or NutraSweet which these packages contain.
But Wendy did loose around 100 pounds doing this.
Then it seemed life got in the way and she was doing a lot of traveling and not able to cook like she used to.

When she gets settled I hope she comes back.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Oh, I hope she comes back too. She was the first one I ever made contact with here. She was so helpful to me and just so sweet. It was her food journal that inspired me at the time. I wished I had stayed with it then, but I am here to stay now.
I hope she is well. She is missed.
Zesti
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I really miss Wendy, also!!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

We should hunt her down!