Butterscotch pumpkin Pie

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Butterscotch pumpkin Pie

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am doing a dinner on Thursday and was looking for a LDL friendly recipe for dessert that would go with the season.

Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie

1 pkg SF instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 1/2 c. skim low fat milk
1 C. canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
cool whip

Mix pudding mix, milk, pumpkin, spices and 1 tsp vanilla. 
Pour into individual custard cups
Top w/ cool whip mixed with 1 tsp vanilla

I used pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon and nutmeg.  I also did not put cool whip on top and it is so flavorful you really don't need it unless you like whipcream on your pumpkin pie.
rodie

Re: Butterscotch pumpkin Pie

Post by rodie »

Put this one in my bookmarks,can't wait to give it a try. sounds YUMMY!
Thanks for sharing,
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
rodie

Post by rodie »

Wendy,
Made this today and had it tonight,it was sooooo good,pumpkin pie no crust.It's a keeper.
Thanks
Hugzzz
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

So glad you liked it.  I made it tonight for our dinner guests and they loved it.  Didn't even mind that it didn't have any crust
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

just printed this recipe out. I'm going to the grocery when I go out to the Dr today. I'll need to get the pudding. I have everything else. This recipe sounds delicious and I'm looking forward to trying it!!  :kissed:

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
rodie

Post by rodie »

Wendy,
Went back and was looking through the postings, can't wait to try your lemon pie one next. I eat alot of popcorn but sometimes I want just alittle somethin else. Your menus always look so YUMMY,I think if I could plan like that I would have better success.
Hugzzzz
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

wendysgoodnews wrote:I am doing a dinner on Thursday and was looking for a LDL friendly recipe for dessert that would go with the season.

Butterscotch Pumpkin Pie

1 pkg SF instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 1/2 c. skim low fat milk
1 C. canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
cool whip

Mix pudding mix, milk, pumpkin, spices and 1 tsp vanilla. 
Pour into individual custard cups
Top w/ cool whip mixed with 1 tsp vanilla

I used pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon and nutmeg.  I also did not put cool whip on top and it is so flavorful you really don't need it unless you like whipcream on your pumpkin pie.

I was really wanting something and the apple just wasn't sounding like what I wanted when I came across your recipe for butterscotch pumpkin pie. Well I only had SF instant vanilla in the cupboard but I had everything else so I used the vanilla....DELICIOUS  :tongue:and totally satisfied my need for something good.  Thank you so much and keep up the good work. I hope you feel as good as you look!  :thumbsup:ELj
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Do you bake this pie? Or is it just a refrigerator thing?
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I have not made it because I don't like the SF stuff, but I don't think it is cooked.
I am sure it may be better chilled but you certainly could warm it up if you want to.
I have mixed the canned pumpkin with bananas and then spiced it up.
Also have mixed the pumpkin with sweet potatoes.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Y'all can also make pumpkin pie without the pudding.  Dig through the recipe's.  :)

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jopaul »

Linda,
You're a wealth of information. I appreciate the help. I've made it and it's cooling in the frig. I've done everything but the veggie tray. I'll do that later. I have to get ready for work. I made the taco dip/soup. I decided to make a soup just for me. If some of my guests want some that's fine too. They will have a nice munch fest before the game and a half-time munch-a-thon. I have some stuff that is LDL (just for me). Wouldn't it be funny if they liked my "diet" stuff.
Hugs,
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Better hide the LDL stuff.
I read where several members took LDL foods to buffets and by the time they got through the line all the LDL stuff was gone!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- That used to happen right here in my own home where only my husband and I reside.  He has since learned to eat only his half unless he asks first *evil*!  The wife can get rather cranky when all the recipe has been eaten before she got to it!  Pam
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

MsHeirloom, I need to teach my husband the same rule!! Although, maybe my son is the one to watch!  :shock: I made the Butternut Squash fries earlier and he has finished half the first pan and is waiting on the second one to finish baking! He is G-tube fed; but, still eats some by mouth! He was scarfing these things down like a starving man! :D I love to see him eat and enjoy food. He once went 9 years without eating anything. He could only eat pureed foods and he hated that, so he chose not to eat.  :'(

Shari
Shari

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wouldn't it be wonderful if serving only LDL foods totally eliminated the need for the G-Tube?
Linda

Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Yes, Linda, it sure would! Although, he has oral and pharyngeal issues to deal with, too. He takes all of his meds thru the tube. And he doesn't drink enough liquids either. But, hey! I'll take anything/any amount he'll swallow without choking! :)
Shari

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

It must be so satisfying to see him eating!  Butternut squash fries are so delicious!  Pam
vickiann

Post by vickiann »

Do you use the 1oz box of pudding mix or the larger one?  Also, I don't have individual custard cups; can the entire recipe just be put into a pie dish?  Would I need to double the recipe to do that?  Thank your for your help, cannot wait to try this recipe!

Vicki
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

Is this only an occasional treat?
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.