Brownie Bites - Healthy, but Not Legal for Weight Loss

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Brownie Bites - Healthy, but Not Legal for Weight Loss

Post by LINDA RN »

[glow=yellow,2,300]Found this recipe and I had dates, cocoa, and walnuts on hand so decided to try it this morning.
The amount of nuts makes it not good for weight loss but a healthy alternative for those on Maintanence.
Might be something to take to parties or Pot Lucks to introduce people to an unprocessed way of eating.
DH wants to try a batch next time with unsweetened coconut instead of nuts.[/glow]

No-Bake Brownie Bites in 5 Minutes
Written by Kimberley Stakal   

Here’s one of my favorite summer dessert recipes. It’s no-bake, vegan and can be completely raw, if desired. Bonus: It takes about, oh, 5 minutes to prepare. Really. These no-bake brownie bites are completely addictive, but unlike regular sugar and flour based brownies, these are chock-full of heart-healthy nuts and stomach-friendly dates. So you can indulge in a bite (or two) and rest assured you’re giving your body a bit of nutrients with your wholesome dessert, not just refined starches. Bon appetite!

No-Bake Brownie Bites
(Makes about 24 brownie bites)

Ingredients:

1 cup toasted pecans
1 cup pitted dates
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup chopped dried cherries, optional
½ cup finely chopped pistachios, optional

Method:
1.Place pecans in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Add dates, cocoa, cinnamon and salt; puree until a thick dough forms.
2.Spread mixture into a square 8-inch baking pan; pressing down lightly to make an even, thick layer.
    If desired, sprinkle with cherries and pistachios, pressing them into top of brownie layer to adhere.
3.For best results, chill 2 to 4 hours to firm up. Cut into squares and serve.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Brownie Bites - Healthy, but Not Legal for Weight Loss

Post by Joyful Friend »

I bookmarked the recipe---will do for domino group.  They will love them, and who knows, I may even have a couple.  Thanks, Linda  :thumbsup:  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Brownie Bites - Healthy, but Not Legal for Weight Loss

Post by LINDA RN »

These really should be fine Roger.
I made them, and from someone who could eat a whole 8X8 pan of Brownies in a couple hours, I could only eat a  couple small thumb-sized pieces of these and they satisfied! No cravings afterward.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...