red book

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
irisann

red book

Post by irisann »

I have the blue book and was just wondering if someone could tell me the updates from the red book? I really can't afford to buy the red book right now,but I would like to make sure I am doing this the right way! Thank you so much! I tried to e-mail Roger at the link they show on the message, boards but it didn't go through.
Have a good day everybody!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: red book

Post by MsHeirloom »

Check out these links:
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... ic=10301.0
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... ic=10302.0
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... ic=10303.0

Please ask any questions.  Even though these boards re less busy this time of year, someone will get back to you in short order.  This is the best way of eating in the world.  Best wishes!
stl_viewer
New, but learning

Post by stl_viewer »

irisann,

I only have the blue book, too. I started LDL in April of this year and reached goal weight a couple of months ago, having lost 25+ pounds.  (I think it's closer to 30, so give or take a couple of pounds.)  I think I did receive some information about the updates to the red book, but overall, I don't remember feeling like those changes required my updating to the red book.

So you can see that I think the blue book is fine to do this eating plan effectively.  In addition to asking questions, be sure to use the "search" feature of this board to search for answers to your questions. I found that a lot of my questions had already been asked and answered by other LDL'ers.  Good luck!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome, IrisAnn,
It is encouraging for us who have been doing this way of eating for newcomers to join in.
Keep us posted how you are doing.
Follow the blue book but if you run into problems or questions, just ask.
Members on the board will update you as things come up along the way.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
irisann

Post by irisann »

Thank for answering my questions so quickly! It was very helpful. I was also wondering if I ate 1 egg  in the morning would I still be able to have protein for lunch? If I am still hungry in the evening can I have more fruit?
Thanks again! Iris :)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Eggs are perfectly fine in the morning and still have protein for lunch.
The fast track for weight loss is fruit only in the morning, large protein-packed lunch (around 2pm) and then fruit only in the evening.
Most have found they cannot follow that routine exclusively for the long run.
Initially in order to flush out the addictive effects of the foods that got you here, you are advised to eat all the LDL approved foods anytime you are hungry and eat until full (stuffed). This can take up to 2 weeks before the appetite is suppessed to normal.
Inspite of eating more food than you used to, by eating large quantiites of LDL foods you will still notice your shape changing even if the scales don't seem to me moving.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...