Baked Beet Chips

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
scarlett859

Baked Beet Chips

Post by scarlett859 »

Baked Beet Chips

4 medium beets
2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Sea Salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Peel beets and slice 1/16 inch thick with a mandoline. In a large bowl, toss beets with extra-virgin olive oil. The beets should have a very thin coat.

2. On two rimmed baking sheets (or use one sheet and bake in two batches), arrange beets in a single layer. Sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt.

3. Stack another rimmed baking sheet on top of each. Bake until edges of beets begin to dry out, about 20 minutes. Uncover and rotate sheets. Bake 10 to 20 minutes, removing chips as they become lightened and pale in color. Note: Pretty much all of mine needed the full extra 20 minutes of baking time. Transfer to a wire rack; chips will crisp up as they cool.

Link to recipe: http://acozykitchen.com/baked-beet-chips/
[glow=grey,2,300]GEAUX TIGERS![/glow]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKZCQDt/]
Scotsgal

Re: Baked Beet Chips

Post by Scotsgal »

Well ... Thank you for this recipe.  I am going to give these a try.  I am so pleased you added a link because I was able to see what you meant by 'chips' and how to cut the beets.  I would have cut them like french fries - lol.

Your chips are called our crisps.  Your french fries are our chips.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wow,
Welcome back Scarlet.
How's your momma?
Sounds like a great treat.
Thanks for sharing!
I have grown to love beets.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great to see you back here, Scarlett.  And the recipe sounds great!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Scotsgal, I bet you can do them both ways and they'd be good.  :thumbsup:  Experiment!
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

You know what, Crickadoodle, I just might try that tomorrow.  By now the family are not surprised by anything I make........ Will let you know how my beet 'chips' ie french fries turn out.................
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I have sliced them like french fries and sauteed them in Olive Oil.
They were really good!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Scarlett,

Happy to see you back into the LDL fold  *hug* . I took a look at the link you provided.  What an interesting blog.  I also looked at some of the other recipes and was happy to see more "chip" recipes.  I printed out one for Spiced Apple Chips because it looks like a great one for satisfying my sweet tooth.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Scarlett, so  glad to see you back on the boards.  I think one of two best salads that I have ever eaten was a roasted beet salad in Santa Fe, N M.  They had chunked the beets and put them on top of salad with whole pecans and a balsamic vinegar dressing.  I have done similar at home.  I eat a lot of beets.  Thanks for the chip recipe.  The other salad was one that I got in Livermore, California. It was in an old remolded train station.  It had sweet citrus and moon shaped Avocado slices over a mixture of veggies with a vinegar wine dressing---their own.  I still haven't figured it out.  :thumbsup:  JF