Kashi Trail Mix TLC Chewy Granola Bars

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
G0Dallas
New, but learning

Kashi Trail Mix TLC Chewy Granola Bars

Post by G0Dallas »

Hi.  I did a search on Kashi and the last post was several years old.  I sampled these Kashi Granola Bars at Costco and was curious about them.  The nutritional info is at http://www.kashi.com/products/nutrition_info/chewy_granola_bars_trail_mix.  They weren't posted before. 

They promote them as: "Our TLC®, Tasty Little Chewies, chewy granola bars are truly lovable. They bring our unique blend of Seven Whole Grains and Sesame together with whole, roasted nuts, succulent, sun-dried fruit, and a touch of wildflower honey. And with 4g of Fiber and 5-7g of Protein, they are as nourishing as they are tasty.  You won’t find any partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, or artificial anything but what you will find in our chewy granola bars is just what you’d expect from Kashi—minimally processed, pure ingredients, and natural goodness you can see as well as taste.
With whole, roasted almonds, succulent, sun-dried fruit, toasted sunflower seeds and a touch of wildflower honey, our Trail Mix granola bars have 4g of Fiber and 6g of Protein."
SweetRose
Master Member

Re: Kashi Trail Mix TLC Chewy Granola Bars

Post by SweetRose »

Some people will stall if they eat these, but they sound like a healthier version of a granola bar. I can have these at lunch and not gain, as long as I consume a low carb dinner.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The problem with this is the whole grains.
They are still highly processed.
You will loose better if you eliminate the grains altogether.
I heard one weight loss lady saying that a bowl of granola was very calorie dense
Forgot what she compared it to, but sugested using only a light spinkling on yogurt.
With these bars I would be tempted to eat maybe 4 at a sitting and from experience they will activate cravings.
If you can limit the amoutn you eat and still loose with them, then they are a healthier choice than a candy bar.
Corn thins or popcorn or Chippins may be a better snack.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

What are Chippins Linda?

SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Chipins are a pressed popcorn chip.
They come in flavors also but most seem to like the plain Sea Salt best.
They must have more oil in them as they are like a chip - crispier than the corn thins.
Since they do have more oil, they also may have more calories and can stall weight loss.
But they are a better alternative to the other "chips".
Beware...they are also addicting.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I'm going to look for these!

SweetRose