Blushing apple update

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
rollingpat
New, but learning

Blushing apple update

Post by rollingpat »

Well I tried the blushing apple recipe and cut 3 apples into slices and left one whole.  I also added a splash of DaVinci sugar free hazel nut syrup to kick up the flavor a bit.  They were pretty good, nothing to jump up and down about tho..however, the cooled jello that I cooked them in, I added about 1 cup of the liquid to a smoothie and all I can say is YUM!  That really kicked up the smoothie flavor and tasted really refreshing.  This morning I took about 1 cup of the already set jello and added it to a smoothie and had great results this way also.  This will be my new way of flavoring smoothies, just think of all the flavor possibilities of the SF Jello!
Not sure I would do the apples again but then I might get a taste for them when the snow is swirling around my Indiana house...
(down about 12 lbs.)
Pat
rollingpat
New, but learning

Re: Blushing apple update

Post by rollingpat »

Hi Roger..thanks for asking..
Davinci sugar free hazelnut syrup
Ingredients:Water, Natural and Artificial flavors, cellulose gum, splenda, sodium benzoate(to preserve flavor), citric acid.
Please let me know what you think..there are many flavors of this syrup available and they are quite good.
Hope they pass the test...if not..out they go!
Pat