Baked Apples with Cinnamon Basil

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
neakybird

Re: Baked Apples with Cinnamon Basil

Post by neakybird »

thanks Mary, I will try this over the weekend.  If it's sweet the rest of my family will like it for sure :)
neakybird
...but I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I comitted unto him against that day.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Soundsy yummy, Mary, but is that 395 temp an error? Not 400? Not 375? Just a little odd from what one normally uses to bake. :) ...Thanks. nyKath
HarryLips

Post by HarryLips »

I've been eating baked apples for as long as I can remember...Another apple that bakes well are Rome apples.  Being from Michigan, we kinda get the pick of the litter here...but sometimes you can find a Rome apple the size of a softball.
nyKath

Off Topic

Post by nyKath »

Dr. Oz's new book just came out this week, You On a Diet. I plan to take a gander at it when I do my errands today. There has already been 1 negative opionion about it on Amazon, but I'll see for myself. I like what the Oz-meister has to say and how he and Dr. Roizen say it! I'll be back....nyKath
Tori

Post by Tori »

Tress wrote:
I just finished watching Oprah's late night replay.
That was one interesting show!! 
I wish I would have taped it.
It is worth ordering if she has it for sale.
Dr. Oz will have a show  that is similar Friday night, November 3, 2006 at 10 PM. on the health channel.  Don't miss it!
    He really explained how the body works, what causes that yearning for food, what to do about it, why your waist line is a better measure of health than your overall weight. We can't learn too much about how our body works.  Knowledge will help us stay healthy so we may enjoy each day to the fullest.
    I will put a synopsis of the show on my website page two.

Tress

I taped it on my DVR, and watched it last night. I saved it because like you Tress, I like the way he explains things, and how he breaks it down so simply. Really opened my eyes to some things! Omentum? Ewww! And to think that is what is in our bodies. *shudders*

If there is a way of copying it onto a VCR tape, would you like me to send you a copy, Tress? I think I am going to buy his book this weekend and read through it.
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

i think if we do LDL right like what it says under Tress's candle then we don't need to ready any other guys diet books or watch his shows either. I used to spend a lota money on all sorts of other things that ssaid they could get me thinner but they didn't work and all i did was get mad that I lost my money.  I will not be doing anything about Doctor OZ, but i will be keeping on doing LDL right cuz its really starting to make a difference 4 me.  I hope the rest of U great folks also do not waste Ur money.  All that money i spent could a probably bought me a new big screen tv to watch my ballgames on.  Your friend, Ben
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

I'm agreeing with you, Tress! I just like to read and I want to know other's opinions about things, many things, diet and nutrition included. Gotta be an informed consumer on all levels! As the commercial says, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste!" Feed yours at every opportunity! (And your local library is a great place to start!)...:) ....NYKath