SOME RECIPES ARE ONLY FOR AN OCCASIONAL TREAT

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
b1pilot

Re: SOME RECIPES ARE ONLY FOR AN OCCASIONAL TREAT

Post by b1pilot »

Thank you for creating this site, and for your very informative book. I'm a snack addict, and I'm trying to eat the "right" foods. My cholesterol is 194, the trigs are within normal limits, my HDL is 43 and my LDL is 124.

I am currently on lovastatin 20mg each night.
QUESTION:
                By adopting your diet plan, is there any possibility of me dropping my LDL and total cholesterol?
niki

Post by niki »

absolutely..........i didn't have high cholesterol and my hdl went from 56 to 78 and my total cholesterol went down to like 144...........that 56 by the way was when i was younger and taught aerobics,worked out all the time and ate pretty healthily......the 78 is with just let's do lunch and NO exercise..............
  welcome to let's do lunch...you CAN snack,but be careful that you eat all your meals first........never exchange snacking for a meal.....your blood sugars won't stabilize as well and you won't TOTALLY get rid of the cravings...
  i wish you success.................sincerely,niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

good luck to you b1 pilot!!! You're gonna love LDL as much as the rest of us. Be sure to read the book at least 3 x through to get the whole pic and catch the things you may have missed on the first time through!
Welcome to the family!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

b1pilot,

Welcome to LDL and the lunch boards.  We are so glad you found us.

Yes, you can get your numbers into the good ranges with only LDL and NO exercise.  I am taking 20 mg of Simvastatin at night (Zocor generic).  Check my post under medical success stories - high cholesterol, high blood glucose.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I agree that cholesterol levels can improve with the LDL diet alone. My results improved. I have started exercising to strengthen my left food, to give me more endurance, and to feel better about myself. I'm glad to be on this diet. It will change my life.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown