What exactly is Let's Do Lunch?

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
systembrat

What exactly is Let's Do Lunch?

Post by systembrat »

I am new to this...a friend told me of the site.  What exactly is Let's Do Lunch about? Is this thru dieting?  I had weight loss surgery.  Is this a site I can work into my eating plan?
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: What exactly is Let's Do Lunch?

Post by robnveronica »

First of all systembrat...go to the "General Discussion" section and introduce yourself to all of us at LDL. Read a post entitled "Can anyone help a sista" and you'll find a pretty good rundown of the program.
Yes this is a new lifestyle plan that helps you to lose weight and keep it off!
Welcome aboard!
Veronica
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

Post by chelebellehawaii »

hey girl...robnveronica-
hi, myname is chele  chelebellehawaii.... and i am new too , actually came here about two months ago, Can i be a buddy of yours to chat with? i like what you have said, and i need some friends here to help me. i have to lose alot of weight, Praise God i found this life plan.It is a miracle for me. thank you,,my telephone number is 808-685-5115. i live in hawaii. I wonder if we have any other members here to make a group?  This site is really confusing for me to navigate!! love and God Bless and Keep your day, new friend..sincerely, chelebellehawaii    aka chele
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I live in California, so won't be able to call you personally very often Chele, but You've just gained a whole family here on Let's do Lunch! Everyone here will love and support you along your way if you just ask! Most regular messages will post under "General discussion" , and if you specifically are looking for recipes, go to the recipes/ideas/methods portion of the board. You're going to make it!! I too had about 125  pounds to lose, but at the last count was already down the first 18 in just 6 weeks! Welcome aboard Sister!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

hi chele.....as far as i know,you're the first person in hawaii....welcome to our boards....i'd love to know how you heard about let's do lunch.....as far as i'm concerned,this is the ONLY way to learn to eat healthy,get thin AND stay that way....so glad you heard about it....
  if you spend a little time,you'll find that it's not that confusing...if you click on where it says "10 most recent posts",you'll have an idea of the what's currently being discussed....
  tell me how you're doing on the program....have you been on it for these last 2 months?.....sincerely,niki 
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

Post by chelebellehawaii »

hi you guys-
ok i had a terrible past couple of weeks i went off and on and off and on and i am facing a problem with my mother who doenst have to lose weight..maybe 5 ppounds so she doesnt understand why i want to eat so much for lunch and looks her nose down at me in restaurants. Seh is a  lovely person but you know how moms can be.
also, heres the thing i am going on a vaction with my daughter 19 and mom 71 andone of the reasons i started on ldl was to fit in the air plane seats. so now i am very upset becasue i dont thin or i am dreading not being able to fit into a first class seat on united and i am super upset. i know it sounds crazy..but so humiliatuingi have to get an extension and i may not even fit the first class.  :'( i prayed with my friend and tomorrow i will go to the gym even if my dotter doesnt want to and maybe  these last 7 days i can lose an inch or two more around my hips and not have to ride side saddle for 5 1/2 hours on a united flight . Sisters in christ...i need your prayers and advice. i am sucking on this life plan because i am getting so upset it is triggering my eating to feel better mechanism. i was on plan all day great, made a wonderful bean chili, corn,green bell pepper, onions best ever but the last minutes i had about 15 cheesy dorito chips stashed away on the back of the frigerator. it is killing me not to eat potatoes or rice...i eat brwon rice sometimes when i think i am going to lose my little  mind. about 1/4 cup or less.i was 62.5 on my hips. i am now  59. AND hopefully down another three by nov 27.????????????????????????????i know that there are bigger problems than this in the world but it is eating me up alive..no punn intended..anyone please answer ..in Christ
chelebellehawaii ;)  'thank you!!!!!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Chelebell!!! Welcome back my friend. Well....you need to get rid of all the junk in your home and everytime you think you want the stuff you shouldn't have (rice, potato, pasta etc.) you need to EAT MORE BEANS, PEAS, OR CORN!!! Eat until you are FULL and SATISFIED!!!! It doesn't matter what your mom needs to lose or not lose. You need to do this for YOU! You need to think of this also as a LIFE plan NOT a Diet plan. This isn't some get thin quick and forget about it!! This is a plan to help you get healthy for LIFE! Forget about whether or not you'll be able to fit into the plane seat without an extension in 1 more week (although if you do that will be an added bonus!) Think about where you will be by NEXT Thanksgiving! This plan is for the long haul!
I've been 8 weeks and have lost close to 22 lbs, my mom has been on the plan for 4 months and is only about 12 lbs lighter! So every person loses weight at their own body's speed. Stick with the plan and when you feel as though you need a snack...grab something that is plan approved!  AND come to the boards often for some more support!!!! It really helps! Or email Roger a list of what you eat  every day, he'll get back to you about whether or not it's LDL approved! And last but not least PRAY!!!! God brought you to this plan and He will help you through these trying times!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

veronica....excellent advice....chele,you absolutely have to eat until full of all the allowable foods...you have to keep snacks around so that you are NEVER hungry...once you're on it for a while,you're going to love what eliminating those things you thought you couldn't live without,does for you.....
  if you need that extension,fine............BUT,you tell yourself that with let's do lunch in hand,you have EVERYTHING you need to do this....this WILL be the LAST time you EVER need an extension when you fly...
  sometimes i look back on the last year and am surprised that i even tried this....because i LOVED all the stuff you're talking about..but i guess i was at the point that i hated not having any control over myself going from one craving to another and TAKING CONTROL meant more to me than eating those foods.....for me,after the third day,the cravings are considerably lessened and i don't really need any willpower anymore....NOW,the sight of the foods i thought i couldn't live without,make me feel a little naseous sometimes...
  when you come back from vacation,reread the book and apply every principle and recommendation....you CAN do this...it worked for me and it WILL work for you.....sincerely,niki
Aunt Lovina

Post by Aunt Lovina »

I'm new,  just signed on; hope I'm doing this right.  Never been in an online forum before.  Just read some of the comments and am impressed that chelebellehawaii has lost 3 1/2 inches in hips.  I saw RTW on the Homekeepers TV show here in Florida and got interested.  I want to try some recipes and see how I do with them.  I've tried so many other plans with little success except for low carb (lost 40 lbs. over several years on and off), but I get bored eating low carb, don't stick with it long, and I can't believe it's really good for me not to eat much other than meat, cheese and eggs.  I still need to lose 90 lbs. and get my blood sugar under control.  Maybe LDL will help.  I will try to learn some recipes and see what I can do.
niki

Post by niki »

hi lovina(what a beautiful name)....you've come to the right place....let's do lunch is all you're hoping it will be...i was a junk food addict with an underactive thyroid and still managed to lose 40 pounds in 10 months and wear size 10 jeans without even dieting....i ate until full of great foods...i made homemade bean soups sauteing my vegetables in olive oil..ate all the sweetest fruit:watermelon,pineapple and mango(to name a few of my favorites not often allowed on other plans)
  let's do lunch has changed my life and it can do the same for you.....
  it works by stabilizing your blood sugars with the exclusion of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds and root vegetables like potatoes.then the cravings are GONE...it's the PERFECT way for a diabetic to eat because stable blood sugars are ALSO the goal of every diabetic.....check our medical success board under the topic type 2 diabetics and you'll see what success people have had...i recommend to everyone that they keep a journal of what they eat and what their blood sugars are at different times of the day keeping in close contact with their doctor(in order to properly adjust the doses of diabetic medications)......
  once the cravings are gone,no willpower is necessary which was great for me because i didn't have any....
  i couldn't stick to low carbs for long either...how long can you eat bacon and eggs for breakfast?.....and what noone really talks about is how bad all that protein is for your kidneys....how many ex-atkinites are on dialysis?...THERE'S a question you'll never get an answer to...............
  i wish you success.....any questions or concerns?...we're here....................sincerely,niki