Slimfast?

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
KellyB

Slimfast?

Post by KellyB »

Hi everyone,
I've just started Let's Do Lunch, today and I'm finishing the day with a slimfast smoothie with bananas and strawberries.  Is that a mistake.  I hope we can use the slimfast as our smoothies.
Thanks, Kelly
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Slimfast?

Post by Queenie »

No, Kelly - Slimfast is not LDL approved.  I'm pretty sure it has sugar in it.  If you make a smoothie with all fresh fruit and juices, you won't believe the incredible taste... far better than one with the slimfast.

You can put any fruits in any quantities - experiment!  I love bananas, so I always make sure I put bananas in mine.  I buy the huge bags of frozen fruit from BJ's (or Costco or Sams) and use some of the mixed fruit and some of the strawberries.  Sometimes I add canned pineapple (in it's own juice) and most times I use orange juice as the liquid.  Very filling and VERY good!

Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

absolutely, kelly,slimfast will not make you and keep you slim..or if it makes you slim fast,you're not likely to stay that way......
  let's do lunch will make you thin AND keep you thin for life without your even feeling like you're on a diet..BECAUSE you're not......AND you'll be a LOT healthier than you could ever be on cans of slim fast with a sensible dinner...have you read the ingredients?...do that and see if you can recognize any of the ingredients..
  have you read the book?...if you don't have it,look for tom's post under the question and answer section under the topic "helping a sista"........THAT'LL get you off to a GREAT start...........
  welcome to our boards..........i wish you success....sincerely,niki

mildred

Post by mildred »

my doctor said that slimfast was no good it will harm your body...It is so bad for your stomach, it will turn to cancer.....

MILDRED
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

KellyB,

Please do not use slimfast.  It is NOT good for your body.  When I was involved with another health food company they talked about how bad slimfast was for your body.  I do believe they knew what they were talking about.  So, please eat the LDL foods...and make LDL smoothies...but please DO NOT USE SLIMFAST.  There are so many LDL foods we can eat that I really wouldn't want to have to go back to drinking slimfast to lose weight.  Just keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will lose all the weight you want to lose...and it will taste better.  Plus your body is getting the benefits of chewing, and eating real foods.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
angelathisfeet

Post by angelathisfeet »

Just wanted to ask if any orange juice is ok from smoothies.  OJ has a lot of sugar so....

Thank you!

Sincerely,
angelatHisfeet
Be blessed beyond belief!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

You can use any juice as long as it has no added sugars.  I like orange juice, apple juice, and sometimes will use a cranberry combination with no added sugars.  Experiment and switch around, that way you never tire of it.
niki

Post by niki »

hi mary ann...i was just looking at your old posts and i see that you originally registered in 2005.....this program of eating has really changed my life....i see you have an underactive thyroid...so do i...but i still managed to lose all the weight i wanted to lose(40 pounds)and it has changed my life....i hope you really give this a chance.....i've been so blessed by it and there is a blessing here with your name on it that has been WAITING to be claimed....i wish you success.........niki
angelathisfeet

Post by angelathisfeet »

Good morning!

Thank you for all the replies to my question about juices, specifically OJ.  I did pick up some 100% OJ yesterday, so today is day 1 for me.  About 6 yrs ago, I did lose 86lbs in 4 months by eliminating all flour & sugar, I weighed and measured my 3 meals with nothing in between.  I had to attend food addict meetings and call my sponsor everyday...just like in AA and they follow the 12 steps just using food instead.  I know the Lord Jesus took me out of that because by the 5th month, I started sneaking sugar and it was all down hill from there.  My deepest desire is to glorify Him with my body which is His temple.  I am so thankful for this forum and for each one here.  Looking forward to all that the Lord has for me.  Have a blessed day!

In His amazing love & grace,
Mary Ann
Be blessed beyond belief!