Frozen Fruit Cups

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
sb125

Frozen Fruit Cups

Post by sb125 »

Oops!  I meant to post this here & I posted it under the hot/cold drinks board! :-[  This is something that we have had since I was a kid whenever we had a family holiday function.  It is normally made with a ton of sugar, but I tweaked it for LDL.  I just made them today & they are so yummy! 

12 servings

1 lrg can crushed pineapple
1 cup frozen strawberries (chopped in a food processor)
1/2 cup frozen cherries (chopped in a food processor)
2 bananas
1 can mixed fruit
1 sml frozen lemonade
1 sml frozen OJ
1/2 cup stevia (optional)

mix all & freeze in individual containers

I didn't have the bananas, or the lemonade & I left out the stevia & they are really sweet as it is.  I would think this would be great to thaw a little & throw right in a smoothie.  Hope you all like them too!
Blessings to y'all!    ;D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
Fruitaholic
New, but learning

Re: Frozen Fruit Cups

Post by Fruitaholic »

I am starting LDL today.  Your recipe sounds great.  I am going to make it today when I get home from work.  (I can't wait lol ;D)
Terry
CWF65

Post by CWF65 »

Is coconut ldl friendly? 
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

No, unfortunately!!  Roger feels that coconut is very fattening!  Not to worry, though - with all the wonderful things you CAN have, you won't miss it!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

A while back my mother-in-law brought home some really good frozen fruit salad made by a caterer friend of hers that contained a can of lemonade and it was really good.  So when I seen this recipe I thought I would really like to try it, in hopes that it would taste like the other one my mother-in-law had.  The only thing is that it says that one of the ingredients is a can of frozen lemonade, which I'm sure would be full of sugar.  Does anyone know what I could add in place of the frozen lemonade?  Would a Koolaid lemonade packet, sweetner and the equivalent amount of water, do as well?  Any help would be appreciated.  Jerrie
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I use the containers of Crystal Lite.  I have also used pure lemon juice and sweetened it and that works also. 
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks Wendysgoodnews - I'll have to try that.  The fruit salad my mother-in-law had did have lots of blueberries in it.  So I'll add blueberries too.  (Since this is a frozen fruit salad it would probably be better made in the summer, but it was 70 degrees here in Illinois today, so maybe that's why it sounds so good now.)  Thanks again.  Jerrie