popcorn treat

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
snowbirdie
Master Member

popcorn treat

Post by snowbirdie »

hi all,
      I don't know if this popcorn treat is legal so thats why I am asking.   Ralphie says he ate too much popcorn and really was getting tired of  it and was going to cheat. So I popped our corn and put some into plastic bag added some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and a sprinkle of his favourite jello flavour.shook it up really good and now ralphie loves his popcorn again.
   I used sugar free jello.   Hope its ok as it is good.
                Judie and ralphie
Last edited by Anonymous on May 8th, 2007, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: popcorn treat

Post by Forever Young »

Judie,

I am at work so cannot check the ingredients on my packages of SF jello, could you check them or list them for us to check out.  That would be my only concern.  Have you tried the Cinnamon & Splenda?  Or the ICBINB Garlic spray with salt added?  Those are a couple of ways I enjoy it for a change.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

jeanne,

No I have never seen the garlic spray in the store but will look next time.We live so far out that I can't always find a great variety of items.  Yep we like cinnamon and splenda on our popcorn.
          judie
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Judie,

I also use some POPCORN SALT...it is really finer than regular table salt.  Have you tried that?  We also found something called: Season-it (?) I think.  It is just for popcorn and I get it at the Amish store located in the town in which I work.  I like that too.

When I was growing up, we had popcorn...EVERY NIGHT as a snack as Mom played games with us after supper and dishes and homework were done.  Dad worked parttime during the day and full time at night.  We were not entertained by the TV set.  So, I was excitedly delighted when I saw that POPCORN was unlimited on LDL...and KNEW in my heart that I COULD do this plan and be successful!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

jeanne
      Are you Amish? I am too from my grandpa.When he was a young he lived Amish on a farm. But left in his late teens to go work for the Railroad he never returned to Amish life. that was around 1900. I grew up on that heavy type of cooking. Oh my was it ever yummy. It gave me quite a round figure which I am slowly slimming down. Yes Popcorn was always our evening treat but we did have tv. We always played games and worked puzzles in the evening.
    Well I love salt but can't have it or I puff up like a balloon. So tried the jello to flavour it so I guess i will stick to that. thanks for your suggestions.
                                  Judie
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Judie,

I am not sure how I missed this post but I just found it...so I will answer it.

No, I am not Amish.  My Mom was raised Amish.  All of her brothers and sisters were Amish.  She never joined the church as she said they had tooooo many conflicts.  She married my dad and they raised us four kids.  She was a stay-at-home Mom until I was in Jr/Sr High when she went to work parttime at a restaurant...as a...cook...of course.  She is an excellent cook and baker.  That is one of the reasons that I have a weight  problem.  She also taught me how to cook by watching her.

Yes, they certainly DO KNOW how to cook.  All of her sisters are still Amish or Mennonite.  Her only living brother is ??? I am not sure.  We had dessert EVERY meal except breakfast.  If there wasn't anything baked, we had bread and butter with home made jam/jelly.  We had something!

Never thought about doing jello on popcorn.  Please tell me how you do it as I would be interested in trying that with sugar-free Jello.

God bless!

Jeanne 
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Jeanne
     The popcorn is good. Use any flavour of popcorn after corn is popped spray with that ICBIN butter spray then sprinkle the dry jello powder over the popcorn and shake it up a little. You will have to judge the amount to your taste. We don't have it a lot but is good when you are tired of the savory kind,       Judie
Last edited by Anonymous on May 9th, 2007, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

I would love to try Amish cooking...i love the Amish style of life and faithfulness in God.  Being a quilter, i ADORE the Amish quilts...so basic, so rich looking, so useful and so colorful and beautiful-- and the idea of the quilting bee bringing the women together is a great thing...  Lovely....thanks for reminding me of it.  I have a book of Amish quilts and i enjoy just looking through them.  What a sense of style and design they have. 

margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo..if you like to read, there's a writer whose name is earlene fowler and the themes of her books are related to quilting...she belongs to a quilting bee with her grandmother...they're mysteries..nice,clean reading....niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..