Corn Thins

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
Bkkr123

Corn Thins

Post by Bkkr123 »

I finally found Corn Thins !!!  They come in several flavors.  I bought the Origional and the Sesame.  Why wouldn's the Sesame corn thins be OK?  All they have in them is ORGANIC CORN, SESAME SEEDS & SEA SALT.  Since Sesame is an herb why wouldn't the seeds be OK?  They are tasty.

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Re: Corn Thins

Post by niki »

hi nancy...seeds just don't seem to be a good addition to the let's do lunch menu....since you already bought them, if you want to eat them and see how you do, you could......it's not only an increase in cravings that you'll see....you'll notice that you have an increased appetite....if you've been seeing that you couldn't eat all the food you used to eat at the main meal,you would see yourself able to eat more before you're satisfied.......if you try that, let me know how you do..this is just my own opinion...when roger reads this, he may have different input to give you...niki
Last edited by niki on August 9th, 2007, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

i thought the book was pretty clear....no seeds, no nuts....i really haven't missed them...

i also found the corn thins (original) in my supermarket after buyng a container full (well, okay, not really a container full) of corn thins on the Internet....

i love those corn thins with cold thick indian style lentils on top.  i bought an egg plant and i plan to cook it with garlic, onions, tomato, cumin and olive oil and smear it all over my corn thin....also, i'm thinking about tuna salad on a corn thin but when i'm ready for protein at lunch time, i want something substantial like chicken or a meaty fish like salmon since i know i won't be having more animal flesh until the next day....

how do you guys fit tuna fish and sardines into LDL meal plan?

thanks and God bless
margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi margo...you're absolutely right....and i personally follow the strictest guidelines...when i'm strictly on let's do lunch, i don't eat tostitos or rice or any of the other things...why should i, when i don't want them?...but knowing that nancy read the book where it says you shouldn't eat nuts or seeds and did buy the corn thins with sesame seeds, i thought maybe she would prefer to see for herself...i would never suggest that about nuts because of their really high fat content..it's just that i'm very frugal and i know how expensive corn thins are..
  and WHAT market in queens did you find cornthins and how much are they?...i pay 2 something(i think $2.29)at fairway..
  i used to make egg salad with corn thins...and there's also a recipe for tuna salad using beans instead of mayonaise..but if i make tuna salad, i think i would use chick peas instead of the beans in the recipe on the boards like i do for egg salad...my FAVORITE with corn thins is hummus i make with red peppers and garlic....i just finished the last container i had in the freezer last week...you could put sardines on a corn thin with maybe some onion and tomato slices(or however you eat sardines)..just look at the ingredients and make sure there are not hidden sugars(i can't imagine there would be, but WHO ever knows?)....niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

I'm sorry, I saw "NO NUTS" however; I don't remember seeing no seeds.  If I had, I would not have bought them.  I am trying to stay strickly on LDL. Sometimes, I don't read right.  When you all get older, you will see.  My husband can eat them. I'll stick to the origional.  I just asked.

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi nancy...i'm sorry, i misunderstood.....but there are a lot of times when people question different things they can't have...and seeds have been one of them...when i read the book for the first time, i guess i was so desperate and hopeful that it would REALLY work, i applied everything really strictly and lost all desire for anything not on let's do lunch...i'm glad i misunderstood and that you're really looking to follow everything by the book.....down the road, you'll be REALLY glad you did..............sincerely,niki
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Niki.....everyone...

Yes, it's like 2.29 for the corn thins near me.  There are over 20 corn thins in the bag.  I usually don't eat more than  of them at a time.... 

Niki...do you ever have coffee?  I'm hankering for a cup of jo' this morning...i haven't had coffee for over 2 months, but i have a box of skim milk in the pantry and am thinking about making a cup right now!! 

have a great day!
margo
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Nancy,

The only Corn Thin other than the Original ones that are LDL approved is the Lemon Pepper ones.  (per Roger)

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Bright Eyes
New, but learning

Post by Bright Eyes »

I have been looking for Corn Thins.. What company produces them?  Thank you, Bright Eyes
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

The corn thins are: Real Foods Original Corn Thins.  Some purchase them on line (use the search button to find a post for their address), and others are finding them in their local stores or health food stores.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Bright Eyes
New, but learning

Post by Bright Eyes »

Where did you find the corn thins?? Peggy
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Peggy,

So far Amazon.com is the least expensive for corn thins.  They run around $22.00 a case and if you buy something else so your total is $25.00 or more you get free shipping.

May G-d bless you
        Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Valiadasilva

Post by Valiadasilva »

They have gone up in the last 6 months.....I guess they figured they are selling more so lets make a profit on them...

Real Foods Organic Corn Thins, Original Flavor, Wheat-Free, 5.3-Ounce Bag (Pack of 12) by Real Foods
Buy new: $39.64 $30.49

That's at Amazon.com
Valia Dasilva
Montana Artist
Kero
New, but learning

Post by Kero »

I have also found, in addition to the Original Corn Thins, a flax (linseed) and soy variety. I know Roger cautions against all seeds, however, my nutritionist encourages flaxseed/linseed in my diet to help control high blood pressure and as a supplement for relief of menopausal symptoms (I am no longer on HRT). I do eat the original Corn Thins most of the time, but use the others once in awhile. So far, I have not noticed any adverse effects... knock on wood!
Jeni
New, but learning

Post by Jeni »

I found them at my local HyVee grocery store, in the health foods section. Just the original kind... They're not horribly expensive, especially when you compare them to some of the soy-crisp things in that section as well.
:thumbsup:
Regards,

Jeni

MNGirl
New, but learning

Post by MNGirl »

I can't stand Corn Thins. They are fragile, break easily and taste like cardboard.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

MNGirl wrote:I can't stand Corn Thins. They are fragile, break easily and taste like cardboard.

better for YOU...they're expensive...........i never thought they were like cardboard.....i only bought them once i had lost most of the weight i wanted to lose........at that time, they were a dollar and change a package instead of 2 and change and i remember sitting down and eating most of one package and e-mailing mary and asking her if she thought that was bad........she told me it wasn't but that i shouldn't be that hungry that i would WANT to eat most of a whole package.........WELL, once the price nearly doubled, i then started using them for dipping only...and actually, i have a package downstairs that i bought months ago but haven't used........i'm going to make hummus with red peppers and onions and i'm going to finally use it.....i also fried the peppers and onions with coconut oil which smelled delicious.....