Hummus Dip/Spread with Green Olives

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Hummus Dip/Spread with Green Olives

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks, Mary!  I love green olives and I love hummus.  What could be better than this recipe?

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

This sounds great to me, too, Mary!  I still haven't made hummus this week like I intended... I'll have to see what I have in the fridge - I know I have roasted red peppers, but not sure about the olives...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
sahara
New, but learning

Post by sahara »

This is exactly what I was looking for.  I've tried the other hummus and bean dip recipes on the website and liked all of them.  I was just thinking what can I make next, and here it is.  I hope I have enough corn thins left because I think the light crispbreads taste like cardboard.  Thank you for the recipes.

sahara
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Mary, thanks for the recipe. I will be making this in the next few days as we have to eat up the red pepper hummus first. OOOHHHH Kris will be over tomorrow she will gobble the rest of the pepper hummus. I won't have to worry about it. Then I can make the olive hummus.  LOL  ha ha ha    judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Mary,
    Wow I made this hummus yesterday and boy we made short work of it. I want to make some more today but I guess I must not as the olives as you know are very salty. I don't know I am very tempted. Thanks for the yummy recipe.    Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Mary,
Is't that strange I craved green olives of any kind as many as I could get when I was preagnant with my 3rd-Katie! The more the better!
    Judie
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

HEY someone else who has a Katie! I have a Katie, Rebecca and Hannah. When preg w/ K wanted Italian...spag or lasagna especially, R: wanted Mexican foods, H: Italian, Mexican or Chinese...any of the 3 would suffice!
Now Katie loves Spaghetti and spicy foods and chinese, Becca loves spaghetti or mexican and Hannah banana loves spag or spicy or chinese!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Whoaaaaaaaaa Mary...............THATS EXACTLY WHAT I ATE WHEN PREGNANT
McDonalds cheeseburgers NO PICKLES/CONDIMENTS..........that is soooooooooo WEIRD. ( insert twilight zone music) Hahhahah too funny.  Thanks for the memory!!!!!
I couldnt eat them till about 2-3pm cause I spent first part of my day with my head in the toliet.  I think they were like the only thing that settled my stomach.....I even threw up crackers.  My morning sickness lasted 7 1/2 months and and both my kids were induced 5 weeks early. 
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Ohhhhhhhh Debbie,
    You bring back memories of morning sickness! :-X With Maggie sick every third day, Emma every other day and Henry everyday, for the whole 9 months. Only time I ever lost weight bfore LDL was when I was pregnant. But 3 kids are enough,,,,Had to find another way to lose...LDL much easier on the belly. ;)
          may G-d bless you
                        Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:Now Katie loves Spaghetti and spicy foods and chinese, Becca loves spaghetti or mexican and Hannah banana loves spag or spicy or chinese!

when i was nursing my daughter, i craved CHOCOLATE.......WHAT can't she seem to live without?..........one guess.............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

graceface66 wrote:     You bring back memories of morning sickness! :-X With Maggie sick every third day, Emma every other day and Henry everyday, for the whole 9 months.

gosh, kris...that's terrible....i have 2 kids...both pregnancies, i never had morning sickness...i can't even process 7 1/2 months of it....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

with my daughter I threw up so much I was 155 when I got pregnant....140 after I gave birth.....and unfortunately I didnt maintain that weightloss cause I was about 160 after I breast fed her for a year...........so much for breastfeeding making you lose weight lol  By the time she was five I worked at it REALLY hard and was back down to 140.  Only 28 more pounds to go till Im back to there.  I have seriously not cheated for one month coming up tomorrow and I have not lost an ounce....sheesh
Good thing Im enjoying being at 168 so much it doesnt really matter to me.  Well it matters but its not reverting me to a little binge like it might have in the past.  I just keep telling myself size 12 isnt the end of the world and much preferred to my previous size 18's....Plus I'm more stubborn than my metabolism this time around.  Eventually I WILL PREVAIL!!!!!! 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote: I have seriously not cheated for one month coming up tomorrow and I have not lost an ounce....sheesh

honest, deb, i don't know anyone who DOESN'T hit a plateau......when you eliminate all the carbs, your body doesn't retain that much fluid and you get that nice loss...you think you're going to keep losing that good throughout.....BUT, you wouldn't want to if you could.....
  i think it's GREAT that you're SO determined..........you're an inspiration...............well, before you know it, you'll be floating on water............niki
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I see a pattern here.  My cravings when I was pregnant was for fruit (sorry to say a food group I did not eat much).  So my daughter loves fruit big time which I always attributed to something she took after her daddy.......so maybe she did, or maybe not according to what I'm reading here about cravings.  Interesting.
mrsj
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Never having had kids, I cannot add anything to the discussion about what I might have craved or not while pregnant...
BUT taking the inference that what 'Mother' craved, grown-up-'baby' LOVES --- When pregnant with me my mother must have craved FOOD!  ;)
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I should have rephrased that.....I have NOT cheated since July 27th but it was ONE MONTH AGO that I last lost any weight : (  I know I must be due but SHEESH willpower only holds out so long and then you need some results lol