Hummus Dip/Spread with Green Olives

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
DEBBIEWEBE

Re: Hummus Dip/Spread with Green Olives

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Roger yes you are right....willpower was the wrong word.  Its more like old habits verses new habits and I think it has to do more with emotional eating and not cravings.  Its resisting the urge...not the craving and for THAT I need willpower for.  Its not that Im CRAVING something its that in the past my HABIT when upset or worried was to grab a FOOD ITEM to sooth my problems.  But you are correct that I am not CRAVING anything.  I eat everything that satisfies me when I want it, as much as I want and its totally legal.  My son is still trying to adjust to the new mom.  The other day I was crying about something dumb and he was trying to be understanding but I finally just told him.....Michael, everything is okay....its just my new way of dealing with things.  In the past I was pretty good at hiding my emotions cause I would just stuff a donut into my mouth for a quick fix.  Now I have to just let myself feel sad and then I feel better.  It would appear that I am no longer tempted to medicate myself with food and for that I feel blessed cause I know I am finally in control of my eating and I eat food to nourish my body not to fix my problems.
God Bless
Debbie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

yes, absolutely remember me....i did lose like 10 pounds in the first 5 weeks i was on let's do lunch...but, then i went 2 months without losing an ounce......and that happened again when i was close to my goal weight... 
  i want to remind everyone of something...when you get stressed and reach for food, DON'T be too down on yourselves......when you're stressed, when you don't feel well, your blood sugars FLUCTUATE giving you cravings...it MAY also be that you've been programed over the years to eat when you're stressed, but there IS an underlying  physiologic reason for it....try and head it off at the pass by eating the ldl things that REALLY stabilize your blood sugars.....you KNOW which food I'M talkin about........SEE, make it your new stress reliever.....a nice BIG steaming, delicious bowl of bean soup...........bq
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Bringing this back up to the top.....the thread is almost as good as the hummus....ah LDL therapy!

Blessings,
Julie (who is fully back onboard with LDL peach cobbler in the oven)