Mock Pecan Pie

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
graceface66
Master Member

Mock Pecan Pie

Post by graceface66 »

I have not tried this particular recipe and I am Not the Chef Lady......That title belongs to Little Mary, but here is a recipe for mock pecan pie

1 cup pinto beans , mashed
  2 cups splenda
  3 eggs
  1 pnch salt

preheat oven to 425
beat splenda ,salt and eggs together
add beans
mix well and let stand 1/2 hour
now it says pour into unbaked pie shell, but I would just pour into sprayed oven safe dish
bake at 425 until edges star to brown , drop temp to 375 and bake until center is set
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
MaryBeth
New, but learning

Re: Mock Pecan Pie

Post by MaryBeth »

Okay... I might have to let someone else try this one first... :P
MaryBeth
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Ok, everyone - I tried this today...

It wasn't bad, but I won't make it again...  John was out when I made it - he came home and smelled it & a big grin came over his face.  I told him that it smelled a lot better than it tasted...  Later on I put the dish into the sink and ran water over it... he told me, "Hey........, I would've eaten that shortbread you made".  I told him that it was suppose to be pecan pie.  His response - "Oh...."  I didn't bother to tell him that there were beans in it...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I just crack up at the thought of this.  I know I probably would never make this unless of course Miss Niki was coming over for dinner lol  Maybe Mary you could do pumpkin pecan or apple pecan to improve the flavor. 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:  I know I probably would never make this unless of course Miss Niki was coming over for dinner lol 

with my mediterranean tastebuds, i DEFINITELY prefer my beans in a pot with sauce.....so, make some meatball minestrone and i'll be right over.............niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Carolyn,
        I am so sorry :'( you wasted your ingrediants, I did not try this version of Bean Pie before printing it. I have been searching for the one I made and have now found it. Unfortunately it is not LDL friendly.(it was good though, even kids and mother in law ate it) ;D
          May G-d bless you
          Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hey, no problem!  I'm always up to trying new things & one of the risks you take with this is having something turn out that you might not like... no biggie - I just won't make it again!  LOL!!

I WILL try your dressing (stuffing) though - there were just too many good comments on that thread not to!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Gene

Post by Gene »

Do you drain the pinto beans?????

ICL

Gene
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi gene
    Here is another recipe for pecan pie. I am going to try it today. I think perhaps it will be legal but I am sure someone will speak if it is not.
                                Mock pecan pie

1 cup pinto beans
    1 cup sprinkle sweet brown sugar replacement
    1 cup splenda
    2 tbls. smart balance
    4 beaten eggs or equivelent egg beaters
    2 tsp. vanilla

Puree the beans into a bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Pour into a sprayed (pam) pie dish or individuel little ramikins. Bake 350o till center is set.
    I think if you grind up wasa crackers and popcorn flour  mix wit 2 tbls of smart balance oleo and a little splenda  and cinnamon and pressed into pie pan it would make a pie shell.
    I don't think you should have this often but for a very special treat.
I also think the sugar replacement might be adjusted according to one's own taste.
    As I said I have not made this yet just got it off the internet and I am going to make it this morning so will let you know.
        Judie

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

gene
  yes you need to drain and rinse beans.
                    judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Folks
    I am sorry I made a mistake. I used Sugar Twin brown sugar replacement not sprinkle sweet. Also the box recommended to use no more than 1/2 cup of replacement so that is what I am doing.
                  Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi folks,
      I made the pie and it turned out great. Flavour was good although it did not look like a pecan pie. It did not have a clear layer. It seemed to be more cake like.  Enjoy                judie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I googled it.
"Sprinkle Sweet" is a brand of sweetener using sacchrine.
Last edited by EnJae on November 11th, 2007, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmardavis

Post by dmardavis »

I will try to make after Mary does!!!  Bit if a chicken, but appreciate everyone else's efforts!!!