lemon ice

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
snowbirdie
Master Member

lemon ice

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Margo and everyone,
        Margo when you have time maybe you could figure out how to make lemon frozen desert. I love lemons and have a bunch as they were on sale. Also do you know anything about salted preserved lemons?
                            Judie
margo
Master Member

Re: lemon ice

Post by margo »

Hi Judie!

mmmmmm...salty lemons!  sounds great...i love sour things as well as sweet things

I think we'll have to put some artificial sweetner in the lemon ice... i guess we'd get a bunch of lemons....peel all of the lemons but freeze only 2/3 of them...put the remaining 1/3 of them in the vitamix (or whatever you've got) and put the sweetner in....(maybe some honey?) let that get nice and liquified...and then add in the frozen lemon pieces.  I'd make sure all the seeds are out...then taste and see if it needs more sweetening...

actually, i'm thinking that limes might be better -- or even a mixture....or maybe to start i would make a tangerine/orange/lime/grapefruit ice....

i'll definitely try this one over the weekend and let you know how it turns out...

i know why salty lemons is sounding good to me -- when i had my office outside the home -- it was in a place where, during the summer, a lady used to sell tart mangos with salt on them.  People went crazy for them.  i ate a few and enjoyed them...it was strange to have all that mouth puckering going on and then the salty flavor too.  Very interesting.

i'll report back after the weekend and let you know what happened!

Hope you're well!
God bless!
margo
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Margo.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I am going to try this tomorrow. Maybe put them in freezer tonight. Well it looks like nite there is a bad storm coming. I hate storms.At least the tornado warnings expired. See ya.
                Judie
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

i just woke up with an idea about how to make the lemon lime ice...

Just make a nice stiff and extra sweet lemonade or limeade.  Reserve a small portion (maybe 1/10) of the liquid lemonade in the fridge and freeze the remainder. WHen it's good and frozen put it in the blender with the chilled liquid lemonade....this should give you a nice thick slushy consistency.  You can taste it to be sure it's sweet enough or not too sweet.  Adjust accordingly.  If it's too sweet, you could put an ice cube or two (depending on how much you're making).  But i'd try to get as close to perfect flavor before freezing.

This should be delicious.  i can't wait to try it. 

it would also be good if you add just a teeny tiny piece of over ripe banana....it would help sweeten it up a bit and it would also give a bit of a creamy texture....and a small piece of banana would not overpower (i think) the primarily citrus flavor.

Going back to bed now....
Good night and GOd bless!
margo
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

margo wrote:i just woke up with an idea about how to make the lemon lime ice...

Margo, I had to laugh when I read this - You know, I've found the answers to many problems when I'm asleep.  Maybe because my conscious mind finally takes a break?

It does remind me of a funny story.  A man had a dream, and in this dream he found the answer to world peace.  The only problem was - as soon as he woke up, he instantly forgot.  Well, upon discussing this, a suggestion was made that he keep a pad of paper and a pen next to the bed and when he had this dream again, he was to wake himself up and write it down.  So he did.  Not too long after that he had the dream again.  He forced himself to wake up, wrote down everything in his dream and then immediately laid back down and fell into a peaceful sleep, KNOWING that this problem would no longer hound him.  He was so excited the next morning!  He couldn't wait to look at the pad of paper and find the answer to WORLD PEACE!  He got out of bed, looked at the pad of paper, only to see the words, "Geez, is it hot in here!"

I laugh every time I think about this!  Silly!

Carolyn 
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi!  that's a funny story Carolyn! 

by the way...did anyone try the lemon ice?  i could go for one right now...it's so darn hot and there's no more LDL icecream in the freezer....i DO have frozen mango "nuggets" and i'll eat some of those...but not right now....

Have a good day all....
God bless..
margo