Microwave Popcorn

Wonderful fruit dishes as well as other LDL approved treats!
needwife

Re: Microwave Popcorn

Post by needwife »

THANKS GWEN i will check the wendys packet, how do you get  the little weight scale under your letter and how do i put my picture up.also i have  used sweet and low all my life, no other sweetener, taste sweet to me. anything wrong with sweet and low.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            thanks needwife
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

All you have to do for the weight ticker is click on mine & it will take you to the Ticker Factory where you can create your own.  When you're finished making it, continue on through the little program til you find the boxes with codes at the end.  Copy the one labelled "bb code" and paste it into the signature section of your Let's Do Lunch profile.  You get to your profile by clicking on your screen name, or clicking the word "profile" in the blue bar above the message section.

EnJae & Little Mary know more about the sweeteners than I do, but I believe we're trying to stay away from Sweet n Low and Equal (nutrasweet) because they contain chemicals that can possibly spike your blood sugar, give you cravings, and maybe be harmful in other ways, too.  I just read today where Roger currently recommends Stevia, Splenda or Truvia in small amounts.  It is best to get your sweets in the form of the sweetest fruits, eat all you want, eat all you can HOLD until you no longer crave sweet things.

You have a great attitude.  You are going to be a GREAT addition to Let's Do Lunch.  Please get started writing your story because I guarantee Roger is going to be asking you to post it!  :thumbsup:  lol

Loves, Gwen
Last edited by Anonymous on January 23rd, 2009, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

needwife wrote:when i get hungry , i get bad stomach pain, real pain,  i went on the atkins diet one time and those pains went away are these pains carb related. thank you for listening.

if you get stomach pains when your stomach is empty, you should mention it to your dr the next time you go....there are meds they could give you that could help you....something like prilosec or protonix that reduces the amount of acid in your stomach....are you already on anything like that?
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi needwife - I overlooked one of your questions.  I can't help you get your picture up cause I still don't know how.  We'll have to ask Sweet Carolyn (Queenie) to do that.  If you email your pic to her, she can configure it to go on the board & post it for you.

Or maybe vernswifevickie might know.  She posts pics a lot.
ImageImage
needwife

Post by needwife »

NIKI I WAS ON BOTH THOSE MED. NEITHER WORKED. BUT THANKS.QWEN LET ME KNOW WHO TO SEND THAT PICTURE TO. THANKS                                                                                                                      NEEDWIFE
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
needwife

Post by needwife »

thanks gwen i got the ticker--- had to  use old photo--i  look better than that now lol                                                                                                                                          c u l needwife
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

WOW needwife - you don't look a thing like your brother, Charilie Sheen !   :cool:

Please email your photo to "Queenie" and ask her if she can put it up for you when she has time.  To email someone you just click on their screen name at the top left corner of one of their posts to go to their profile.  You can either send them a private message down at the bottom of their profile, or copy their email address if it's listed.  If you don't hear from Queenie (Carolyn) very soon, you can try asking "Vernswifevickie" - she sometimes posts pics with her messages.

Since you started Let's Do Lunch, are you still having stomach pains when your stomach is empty?  Please be sure to get your doctor's advice and let them know about Let's Do Lunch.
Last edited by Gwennaford on January 23rd, 2009, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
needwife

Post by needwife »

THANKS  GWEN, I  MAY JUST KEEP MY PICTURE AS IT IS, IT WAS ONLY 20 YRS. AGO, I STILL HAVE THOSE 8 PACK ABS LOL,  AS LONG AS I EAT , THERE IS NO PAIN, I TRYED THE AKINS DIET ONE TIME FOR 2  MONTHS AND THE PAIN WENT AWAY.

WHEN I PUT CARBS BACK INTO MY DIET, THEY CAME BACK, IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH CARBS, MY DR.  SAID IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD, I  TOLD HIM IT WAS ALL IN MY STOMACH LOL.

I HAD A ROOMMATE  ONE TIME, HE SAID HIS STOMACH DIDNT HURT WHEN HE GOT HUNGRY. THEN AFTER LIVING WITH ME FOR 6 MONTHS AND EATTING THE SAME FOOD AS ME .

HE TOLD ME ONE DAY THAT HIS STOMACH NOW HURTS WHEN HE IS HUNGRY. AFTER HE MOVED AWAY , HE CALLED ME A MONTH  LATER AND SAID HIS STOMACH STOPPED HURTING AFTER HE MOVED OUT.

SO  I THING MY STOMACH CRAVES CARBS OR SOMETHING. I WOULD LIKE FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO TELL ME HOW THEY FEEL WHEN THEY ARE HUNGRY. WHAT LETS THEM KNOW THEY ARE HUNGRY. TTYL NEEDWIFE :thumbsup:
Last edited by needwife on April 20th, 2009, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sval59

Post by sval59 »

I tried the brown paper bag approach to popcorn this weekend.  It worked wonderfully and the popcorn tasted better to me than the pre-packaged microwave popcorn.  For those that don't want to go all the way back to the first post, here are the instructions again:

Use a brown paper lunch bag, add 3 tablespoons of regular popcorn. Fold down top of bag two or three times.  Punch popcorn setting and microwave and watch it pop. Pour into  bowl and season with the Olive oil spray.

Now, with the money I saved on my popcorn popper, maybe I'll go shopping for my meat grinder - ha!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

You're right, Sval - I think it does taste better.  I had a little brown bag that was much smaller than a lunch bag, but it was very sturdy so I tried it with a tablespoon of popcorn.  I wasn't sure how long to cook that small amount so I scorched it a tiny bit, but it was wonderfully crisp.  I sprayed the oil into the bag, sprinkled in a pinch of salt & shook it all up.  Didn't have to dirty up a bowl.  It was fun.  I might start going that way when my Presto finally kicks the bucket.

OH - BY THE WAY TO EVERYONE WHO DOES THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND/OR HAS NEVER USED THEIR POPCORN SETTING ... Roger is right - don't try this unless you know what you are doing AND NEVER TAKE YOUR ATTENTION OFF THE BAG FOR A SECOND WHILE IT'S POPPING so you can stop it if you need to.  If if gets too hot IT WILL CATCH ON FIRE.

I have never been able to use the popcorn setting on ANY microwave with ANY type of popcorn without totally incinerating the popcorn. 
Last edited by Gwennaford on January 26th, 2009, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
sval59

Post by sval59 »

I usually do the 3 tablespoons and I just hit my regular popcorn setting and so far, it has worked perfectly each time.  It probably all depends on the microwave and maybe even the paper bags.....I guess I just got lucky and it turned out just right the very first time! 

I love all the great tips that everyone offers on the boards.  I learn something new everyday!
trimnail

Post by trimnail »

I was just wondering when you talk about Olive oil spray, are talking about Pam Olive oil spray or just what? Thank you
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Trimnail - Welcome to Let's Do Lunch.  Hope you stay around & get all your questions answered!

I have a little pump spray bottle that came with some kind of flavored oil in it.  I use that, just sprayed around the top layer, then lightly salted.  I think others use the commercial sprays like the one you mentioned.  I haven't tried that one so I don't know how it tastes.
ImageImage
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hi Trimnail....I use the Pam Olive Oil spray on my popcorn.  At first, I didn't like the taste, but after I used it a couple of times, I don't like my popcorn any other way now......

Welcome by the way and keep coming back to the boards for support and to get your questions answered!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Extra virgin olive oil.

I used up the seasoned stuff years ago and the printing is worn off the bottle, so I have no clue what was in it!  I just cleaned it & refilled it with fresh plain oil. I can see that wasn't clear in the earlier post  :happy:
ImageImage
dakotagirl

Newly Discovered Microwave Popcorn Popper

Post by dakotagirl »

I ran out of the OR Smart-Pop yesterday and my Cuisinart Popcorn Popcorn Popper used oil, so I "improvised" today to use some regular popcorn.  I have a microwave rice cooker/steamer (I think it was $5-6 at Walmart) and thought I would give it a try.  I put 1/4 cup of regular popcorn in it and microwaved it on high for 2 min 30 sec - it popped up great and with a little ICBINB spray and some popcorn salt, it was delicious. :thumbsup:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

YAY for DEB ! ! !  THAT'S what I call innovation! ! !

Even though the OR SMart Pop IS 94% fat free, it is still 6% of the kind of fat we don't want to be putting into our bodies.  I love that you went looking for a new way of doing popcorn.  Now you will be able to make 20 bags of popcorn for the same price you used to make 3 ! ! !

Loves, Gwen
ImageImage